Twitter    Facebook    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Free Email Newsletter:

Register at My Gaming Forum

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Which company is the only copper fixed-line ADSL provider in SA?

Thread: Razer wired controllers? I don't get it. Maybe I am just drunk. Probably.

MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Question Razer wired controllers? I don't get it. Maybe I am just drunk. Probably.

I have been meaning to ask this for a long time, but WTF do Razer release these fancy game branded Xbox controllers that are wired? And still charge an arm and leg.

I can understand it if you need one for PC, but this Xbox, not PC. Release a wireless one for xbox and a wired one PC if you must.

Half the joy of having an Xbox or even a PS3 for that matter, is that it has wireless controllers, why the heck would I want to buy your wired controller?

It baffles my mind.

What sparked this was seeing the new Mass Effect 3 controller by Razer that is being released, with a wire. It looks epic, but why on gods earth would I want it if it has a fucking wire?
    "My friend told me the other day that I was delusional. I almost fell off my Unicorn."

The thing that should not be Tsar's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Grimspoon View Post
    I have been meaning to ask this for a long time, but WTF do Razer release these fancy game branded Xbox controllers that are wired? And still charge an arm and leg.

I can understand it if you need one for PC, but this Xbox, not PC. Release a wireless one for xbox and a wired one PC if you must.

Half the joy of having an Xbox or even a PS3 for that matter, is that it has wireless controllers, why the heck would I want to buy your wired controller?

It baffles my mind.

What sparked this was seeing the new Mass Effect 3 controller by Razer that is being released, with a wire. It looks epic, but why on gods earth would I want it if it has a fucking wire?
    Who the hell knows. It is half the joy of playing on a console,no hassles with wires.
    Maybe they just don't know how to make a wireless controller or they have to pay fees to microsoft or sony to use the wireless adapter in the xbox,ps3.

MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Tsar View Post
    Who the hell knows. It is half the joy of playing on a console,no hassles with wires.
    Maybe they just don't know how to make a wireless controller or they have to pay fees to microsoft or sony to use the wireless adapter in the xbox,ps3.
    I guess, but how hard can it be to make a wireless controller?
    "My friend told me the other day that I was delusional. I almost fell off my Unicorn."

MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Microsoft doesn't allow third parties to make wireless controllers for the 360 afaik.

EDIT: For clarification

Some players may also find issue with the fact that the Onza is a wired controller, but as I've explained in the past, Microsoft will not allow any third-party manufacturer to produce wireless controllers for the Xbox 360. Fortunately, however, Razer was kind enough to give players roughly 15 feet of USB cabling for plenty of room to roam.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/04/...troller-review

MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I know quite a few people that have the Razer Onza gamepad for Xbox and, while they are adamant that it gives them an edge in competitive gaming, it keeps on breaking. One of them bought a new one yesterday and the other one's in for repairs, again.

Another thing is most competitive gamers don't like wireless. I actually read up on some of the pads last night and apparently there is something called "slow turn" which is the bane of any competitive gamer. :P

The new MLG madcatz controller is nice because it gives you the freedom to play on a controller with a ps3 layout on an xbox and vice versa.

These controllers are typically also R100 + cheaper than the first party controllers.

MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Strifehart View Post
    Microsoft doesn't allow third parties to make wireless controllers for the 360 afaik.

EDIT: For clarification

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/04/...troller-review
    Ok so we have unraveled the mystery. Well that makes sense then. But why MS? Why? They are so full of it.

Quote Originally Posted by shibobo View Post
    I know quite a few people that have the Razer Onza gamepad for Xbox and, while they are adamant that it gives them an edge in competitive gaming, it keeps on breaking. One of them bought a new one yesterday and the other one's in for repairs, again.

Another thing is most competitive gamers don't like wireless. I actually read up on some of the pads last night and apparently there is something called "slow turn" which is the bane of any competitive gamer. :P

The new MLG madcatz controller is nice because it gives you the freedom to play on a controller with a ps3 layout on an xbox and vice versa.

These controllers are typically also R100 + cheaper than the first party controllers.
    Really? I personally don't rate any of Razers products. I would love to see a wireless Logitech Xbox controller, now that would rock. But I guess we aint going to see that thanks to MS.

MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

The Onza is wireless/ its just has a moerse Antenna

MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Perhaps a little off-topic but does anybody have any recommendations for a budget wireless gamepad for PC? Looking at using it with htpc and maybe play some old-school games with an emulator. Xbox controllers are just way overbudget and overkill for what I need.