I got some tips off of Wikipedia and would like to see if they work for gamers and they are:
1. You're not any different from anyone else in high school. Or middle school either.
2. Accept that We are all unique, even if it doesn't seem that way, and every girl has a different taste. So what if you're into video games or comics, or maybe computers and coding. Anime? That's cool too! Accept who you are and don't get yourself in the mindset that you can't get a girl because of who you are.
3. Believe in yourself. You need confidence in yourself and you need to understand that you are great. Just keep doing what you're doing in life, don't change because you think something is too nerdy.
4. Get out there and have fun. Introduce yourself to girls, or have friends introduce some to you. I know it may seem a little scary, but that's why you need confidence. Talk to girls you're friends with or girls you go to school / work with.
5. Even if these tips don't work at first, accept and embrace the fact that everything happens when you don't expect it. You'll get a girlfriend, and then smile and laugh at yourself, thinking, how did I get her? But you will, I promise, you will get to that point.
6. Just live life. This is perhaps the most important step. Just life your life.