Twitter    Facebook    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Free Email Newsletter:

Register at My Gaming Forum

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Which company is the only copper fixed-line ADSL provider in SA?

Thread: When does Blizzard give WoW 7 day trials to inactive accounts holders?

MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Default When does Blizzard give WoW 7 day trials to inactive accounts holders?

Just wondering when does Blizzard give out WoW 7 day trials to inactive accounts holders? I have some items in my WoW mailbox that I need to move out by May 2012 or else they will be lost. Reason for this situation is that I didn't have time to clear out my stolen items mailed back to me by the GM last time my account was hacked.

I have received one or two of these 7 day trials in the past, during the last year. In fact the hackers activated one of these trials in the last hacking incident. <edit>May 2011 was the last time my account was active, when my account was hacked</edit>

I don't really want to resub just to clear out my mailboxes And then of course I am going to feel like I should use the opportunity to play a bit (havent subbed in about a year now) if I resub!!

Any chance I will magically get a 7 day trial sent to me next month?

edit2: The items in question that the GM mailed me after the account was hacked had about 360 days before expiry on them.
    Last edited by StrontiumDog; 31-03-2012 at 01:23 AM.

MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I doubt it mate. It usually takes a while longer than just 1 month of inactivity. 2 months perhaps, but 1 month... I don't think I've ever received one after 1 month.

MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

You account needs to be inactive for 90days before you can rejoin on trial, which of course is longer than the 30 it takes for mail to expire.

MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Tempy View Post
    I doubt it mate. It usually takes a while longer than just 1 month of inactivity. 2 months perhaps, but 1 month... I don't think I've ever received one after 1 month.
    Have been inactive for about 10 months now.

Really sucks that SA players can't take advantage of the new scroll of resurrection in any shape or form

MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by MOnk View Post
    You account needs to be inactive for 90days before you can rejoin on trial, which of course is longer than the 30 it takes for mail to expire.
    The items in question that the GM mailed me after the account was hacked had about 360 days before expiry on them.

The Resident Young'un Magnarmalok's Avatar
    Welgemoed,Bellville,Cape Town,Western-Cape,RSA,Africa,Southern Hemisphere,Earth,
    Blog Entries
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Usually on milestone events, a new patch that's released, or a big holiday event (mostly just xmas event though) However, you could ask someone to rez you with the scroll, just set your location to the UK, worked for me (alas though, I do not have an active account @ the moment to rez you)

MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

If you pm me your email I'll send you a scroll. Then you can get in there and get it sorted.

MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I'll just be Mr. Obvious here right now. But if you never intend on playing again and refuse to resub for 30 days to move out your items because you're scared you'll feel you'd need to play again because you paid the money and/or WoW has this hold over you.... why bother wanting to move your items out of the mailbox in the first place?

Just let it go. By the time you MIGHT want to resub to play again, those items will be obsolete anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Voicy View Post
    Do that and I'll kick you in the panty.

MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Thanks Tempy, all sorted now! All my mail items were still there, 11 months later. 19 days left before they expire.

@AcidRazor, I'm a bit obsessive about using things that I have paid for or that have been "gifted" to me, that's why I would feel compelled to play if I resubbed

I could see myself playing again sometime in the future as there's a lot of content that I haven't played through. I just don't see much time to play in the near future. Work and other activities are keeping me too busy now. With D3 coming out in two weeks however, I'd better clear some time in the schedule for gaming