Twitter    Facebook    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Free Email Newsletter:

Register at My Gaming Forum

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Which company is the only copper fixed-line ADSL provider in SA?

Thread: My Commodore 128

Forbidden in Heaven and useless in Hell Mephisto_Helix's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Default My Commodore 128

I had my gaming started by an aunt of mine buying me a Commodore 128 'bundle' from a neighbor. I came home one day and on my bed was a sight and a half ..... a monochrome monitor, an orange monitor (freaky thing, never used it, lol), the Commodore 128, 2 tape drives, 3 floppy boxes full of games and 2 printers! Apparently the neighbor was leaving the country and sold it to her for R500.

Now back then I knew nothing about a PC and knew no one who knew about a PC so getting that sucker up and running took ages but man, the effort was worth it as that was my introduction to gaming on a large scale. Classic titles such as Battle Chess, Pirates, Spy vs Spy and California Games gave me hours and hours of time wastage. I knew a whole 2 other people lucky enough to have one of these setups while I had it, lol. Sometimes I look back and can't believe just how far gaming has come and how easy it all is these days

I had this model, separate floppy drive

Do not miss these things

So noisy!

Best game ever and many an afternoon spent with plenty of friends over just to play this.
    - Thoughtcrime -
    - Stole the truth in the name of Deception -

Eastern Cape, about 70meters from the ocean
    Blog Entries
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I had the commodore 64! My best games were Skate or Die and Airborne Ranger, lots of good times from that era.

MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I also had the Commodore 64, but I was so young I don't remember many games I played, besides California Games and some Moon Buggy game, which I clocked!