Twitter    Facebook    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Free Email Newsletter:

Register at My Gaming Forum

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Which company is the only copper fixed-line ADSL provider in SA?

Thread: Spec Ops: The Line demo out now

MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Default Spec Ops: The Line demo out now

Spec Ops: The Line demo out now

2K Games give players a chance to try out their sand-filled shooter.

The Legendary Troll Hunter OmegaFenix's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Downloading this tonight.

Blog Entries
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaFenix View Post
    Downloading this tonight.
    Let us know how it is!
    "Hello may I talk to you about our lord and savior Itachi?"

Blog Entries
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Glordit View Post
    Let us know how it is!
    Will do. I'll do what I did for Dragon's Dogma & Sniper Elite - Even though I turned out to be a little off base with regards to Sniper Elite.

Blog Entries
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Played through a large portion of this multi-level demo. This definitely has the potential to be a sleeper hit. Its well polished a plays as you expect a 3rd person cover based shooter. The Unreal 3 Engine shines and look good, with light from the desert sun blinding you and feeling suitably harsh.They are trying to avoid using the A button for too many actions, a sprints & gets you in and out of cover but B is used to vault over cover. Shooting mechanics also feel tight and responsive. Trying to go gun-ho will give you a GAME OVER screen quick fast and the use of cover and flanking can make more daunting gun fights manageable. The demo didn't showcase the much discussed dynamic sand mechanic, Once I shot the windows out of a bug causing the sand to crush down on a few enemies & another time the glass I was walking on got shot out and made me drop into the middle of a firefight. I hope they make more/better use of this in the full game and not make it too obvious.
    There looks to be a huge focus on narrative, always a good thing in my opinion, and it remains to be seen if Spec Ops: The Line can break free of convention to deliver a compelling plot or if it will cave under the weight of its ambition and end up being another generic shooter plot.

I didn't notice any bugs during the demo or any design issues that jumped out at me except that the reworked control scheme will take a little bit of getting use to, especially if you sunk a few hours into Gears of War. The only other thing that I had a slight issue with, possibly due to lack of explanation, was the ability to mark enemies for your 2 AI partners to take off or have them perform context sensitive actions like throwing stun grenades. Currently the left bumper is performs both action but its not clear if you can mark 2 targets or only 1. Also I marked a target but my AI partners took too long and I pulled of 2 headshots to fell the enemies. So I hope they fixed or rework this a bit before release.

So yeah, I'll be picking this up on release.

MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I'll download the demo for the weekend and give it a bash. I remember reading about it many years back and it looked promising.

MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Will give the demo a try this evening.