Forum Rules and guidelines
General forum behaviour
1. Aggressive or unnecessarily offensive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- I.E.: No personal attacks, threats, insults, bigotry, misogyny, hate-speech or condescending language.
2. Please check current threads before posting a new thread, often your topic has been, or is in the process of being addressed.
3. No pointless forum posts (this will be less strict in ("thread killer")
4. No double posting, rather edit your previous post. ("thread killer" included)
5. Check your extreme fanboyism at the door. While there is space for everybody’s opinions, it is important to respect those of your fellow forumites. Argue your points in a civilized and rational manner without getting personal.
6. Keep single word replies to a minimum. If you agree, then say why you agree rather than simply posting “+1” or “I agree” etc.
7. Trolls will not be tolerated.
- Troll: “Most commonly encountered on the internet, a troll is any person who purposely causes controversy in a web community and disrupts a forum for their own amusement.”
8. No spamming (TK will be less strict, but will still be moderated)
- Spam is (1) making multiple topics of the same nature, (2) making multiple topics with no purpose, (3) making multiple short replies back-to-back in a topic, (4) making multiple short replies in several topics (usually with the purpose of running up your post count), and (5) making long posts that repeat the same word, phrase, or smilie with the intent to annoy other users.
9. No posting links to anything pornographic or in any other way inappropriate. This is a family site after all.
10. Discussions on where and how to pirate games and other copyrighted works are not allowed. Such discussions will be removed and result in an infractions and possible ban for the perpetrator.
11. Stay on topic. Do not derail a thread with pointless posts that bear little relevance to the discussion at hand.
12. No advertising is allowed in any of the forums or in any postings.
13. No previously banned MyGaming members are allowed to join.
Use of this forum is solely at the risk of the user. Members acknowledge that they remain responsible for all content which they post on the forum and MyGaming, its owners, operators, host and moderators disclaim all and any liability which may arise from the content of any post.
MyGaming reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
MyGaming reserves the right to remove or edit posts which, in the opinion of the moderators, are offensive or unlawful, but shall not be obliged to do so and expressly disclaims any liability arising from the use or non-use of such editorial control. Members are reminded to consider their posts - content which is defamatory or which infringes on the intellectual property of another may lead to legal action being taken against them.
Avatars and signatures
1. Avatars may not consist of any pornographic or inappropriate material.
2. Signatures may not be multi-leveled.
3. Only one line of text is permitted beneath a signature image. Text must be kept to standard font size.
4. Signatures may consist of a maximum of one image no larger than 600 width and 130 height.
5. The only exception to the above dimensions are signatures made by automatic gamer stats generation sites. These may be a maximum of 600 width and 150 height. No concessions will be made no matter how nicely you ask.
6. These signature sizes will be monitored and images falling outside of the rules will be removed. Repeat offenders will have their signature privileges removed.
5. No Flash/animated signatures. No ugly and visually offensive high-contrast colours.
Custom User Titles
These are a privilege, not a right. They will be granted to long standing forum members with 1000+ posts and official company representatives. Request your custom user title via PM to a MyGaming Admin. Choose carefully as daily requests for changes are rather annoying.
1. MyGaming is not a free advertising portal. Advertising any website, blog or alternative forum in any manner will result in an infraction and possible ban. If you have something to promote, speak to an admin and we will discuss possible avenues.
Please note that to enter most give-aways or competitions, a user will need to have a minimum of 20 posts to qualify unless otherwise stated.
Unless otherwise stated, winners will have 48 hours to claim their prize. Unclaimed prizes will either be re-allocated, or will go back into the MyGaming prize pool for a future competition.
Any funny business taking place during competitions not covered by the specific competition rules will be dealt with accordingly.
Infractions and bans
MyGaming forum moderators and admin will issue infractions for repeated poor behaviour. Enough accumulated infractions can result in a ban.
Details on the system here: http://mygaming.co.za/forum/showthre...raction-levels
MyGaming forum moderators and admin reserve the right to ban problematic users.