Twitter    Facebook    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Free Email Newsletter:

Register at My Gaming Forum

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Which company is the only copper fixed-line ADSL provider in SA?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Violent incidents caused by video game madness

MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Default Violent incidents caused by video game madness

Violent incidents caused by video game madness

A Vancouver teen was brutally ‘ganked’ at his school by a group of enraged DotA players

MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

This is the best news ever lol. It serves the little punk right to have the snot beaten out of him. He's one of many online gamers who think that their hiding place behind their keyboards is fail-safe. This is a story about justice finally being done.
    My ignore list: growing too fast to keep updating.

MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    This is the best news ever lol. It serves the little punk right to have the snot beaten out of him. He's one of many online gamers who think that their hiding place behind their keyboards is fail-safe. This is a story about justice finally being done.
    See Neo, that is the kind of remark that completely nullifies all your religious arguments. You often talk of yourself being a Christian and often attack others on Christian principles, but remarks such as this void any and all of your religious remarks.

That aside, I kind of like the idea that this kid realised he can't trash talk people without consequences. Sadly though, the idiots dishing out the consequences had to completely overstep the boundary, by severely beating him and breaking his fingers.

I do wish though that more people online would sometimes get given a smack on the head. People are often way too brave with the opinions and remarks and often forget that they are talking to real people and real people can make somebody get a hurt real bad...

Blog Entries
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I once got agitated at the long loading times of Vampire The masquerade (prepatch) so I squeezed my Microsoft Stressball really hard, so it exploded violently and I was a sad panda :'(

The Legendary Troll Hunter OmegaFenix's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Every year the divide between our online and offline selfs become smaller and smaller. Where once you could very easily hide behind an online alias and be the "bad" boy. With the advent of social networks like Facebook, Twitter and MySpace it is no longer as easy. Considering that ur IGN, Gametrailers and many other sites are connected to your Facebook profile, heck even mygaming has a Facebook group where some of the members have posted practically destroying any sense of anonimity.

This is a good and bad thing, bad coz there are weirdos out there, good because those weirdos now have less and less place to hide.

MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Maybe you're just one of those people who keep such a close eye on self-confessed Christians so that you can quickly point out anything that may not seem "Christ-like" and go "HA!". As a Christian however I have to tell you that you're wasting your time with exercises like that because Christians are still people - who share in the same frustrations most people do. So if you're going to look for mistakes, you'll find them, but they'll only highlight your own mistakes more.

So once again - klap the snot out of the kid because he was out looking for trouble - and it found him.

Just to quote you from the Bible: "Seek and you shall find". Consider that he was looking for trouble, this article could serve as a confirmation to the Word.

The thing that should not be Tsar's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I hate people who think violence can solve everything. It does not just creates more problems.

MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Tsar View Post
    I hate people who think violence can solve everything. It does not just creates more problems.
    Well if you listened to Richard Jenny you'd know that violence is the only thing that pretty much permenantly solves anything. Pitty he shot himself in the face.

MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

pffft, we got ganked and handed out ganking even before music/games got the blame... after school was dangerous place

Quote Originally Posted by Tsar View Post
    so no more violent music for joo
    // Previously known as Blind Faith or Pr⊕phet
    // Sign up to Greenman Gaming and get $2 FREE in-store credit.

The thing that should not be Tsar's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Necuno View Post
    pffft, we got ganked and handed out ganking even before music/games got the blame... after school was dangerous place

so no more violent music for joo
    I will never stop listening to slayer

@neo with that kinda mindset most people have is disgusting. And there are better ways in breaking a man.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast