Borderlands 2 Achievement Guide
Gotta catch ‘em all!
Everybody knows the whole point of playing games is really just for the achievements, so here at MyGaming HQ we’ve decided to add achievement guides to our regularly scheduled broadcasting. Instead of publishing complete guides like you’ll find on other, not as awesome websites, however, we’re just going to show you how to complete those achievements that might prove a bit more difficult than the others (and, sometimes, how to do it by
cheating thinking outside the box). You don’t need us to tell you how to level up or buy five bits of gear.
Much like the first game, most of Borderlands 2′s achievements are pretty simple and you’ll grab them just by playing through the game. Some of the others, though, not so much.
Goliath, Meet David
Allowed a Goliath to level up four times before killing him
Goliaths are great, lumbering manbeasts found throughout Pandora, and often around bandit camps. You’ll probably first encounter one in Frostburn Canyon. They start out wearing a big metal helmet or skull-shaped mask that you can shoot off, and that’s when things get really interesting.
The Goliath will go into a frenzy and shoot pretty much everything, including his own allies. He’ll also gain XP and levels, becoming increasingly powerful through five stages - Raging Goliath (one kill), Badass Goliath (two more kills), Super Badass Goliath (two more kills), Ultimate Badass Goliath (four more kills), and finally GODliath. Each time the Goliath levels up, his health will be completely restored.
For this achievement, you have to kill the Goliath in his GODliath form, which means leaving most of the hard work to him while also making sure he doesn’t accidentally die in the process. Try herding enemies towards him, or – if playing co-op – look for another Goliath in the area, and leave them to duke it out between themselves. You can also help out by damaging tougher enemies in the vicinity (especially pyros, who can take out a Goliath very quickly), but leaving the Goliath to finish them off.
A maxed GODliath also drops significantly improved loot, including purple or blue gear as well as a good chance of eridium. BONUS!
Went Five Rounds
Completed Round 5 of any Circle of Slaughter
The two Circle of Slaughter arenas are located in One Chasm (off the Eridium Blight) and The Fridge (off Three Horns Valley). This achievement can be completed in one go, or you can choose to exit after any round and come back later.
Attempting this solo will be difficult, so it’s recommended you bring some backup. Don’t even bother unless you have explosive or corrosive weapons, and remember to use Goliaths to your advantage.
Killed a Chubby
A Chubby is an ultra-rare variant of Pandora’s regular monsters, including Varkids, Spiderants, Skags, Stalkers, Midgets and Rakk. To make things even more complicated, they only come out at night. There are several places you’re almost guaranteed to find one, though:
- The Caustic Caverns
- Blake Bridge in the Highlands area
- Wildlife Exploitation Preserve
- The Dust, in front of Ellie’s garage
Tribute To A Vault Hunter
Got an item from Michael Mamaril
Michael Mamaril was a Borderlands fan who died of cancer in real life, but lives on forever in Borderlands 2 where he hangs out around town and gives away stuff for free.
He can be found in Sanctuary, although his location is random. Look for him in these places:
- In the middle of town, next to the “This Just In” stand
- Inside Scooter’s workshop, near a pile of tyres
- Near Moxxi’s bar, in an alleyway
- Inside Moxxi’s, in the room opposite Sir Hammerlock or at the bar
- Outside the Crazy Earl’s Black Market, to the left of the door
- Inside the Crimson Raiders headquarters, near Tannis
- Inside Marcus’s gun shop
Most of the gear you can get from him is blue (95%), although there’s a small chance of scoring even a purple (4.5%) or orange (0.5%) item.
Killed a Constructor without it ever building another bot
The first time you’ll find one of these Hyperion baddies is during the side mission “Out of Body Experience”, which you can pick up by going back to the Bloodshot Stronghold (off Three Horns Valley) after A Dam Fine Rescue story mission.
The bad news is, Constructors are heavily armoured, highly resistant to most types of damage and have only a single, tiny weak spot. The good news is, you can cheat. Kill all the enemies around the Constructor, then simply die and respawn. The Constructor will no longer build bots, and you can take your sweet time killing him.
Up High, Down Low
Give Claptrap a high-five
You can only do this after finding Claptrap in Sanctuary, in the north-west corner of the map, and completing a short mission for him. Once you’ve turned it in, Claptrap will go around the corner towards another NPC, and you can now approach him for five o’ the best. If you miss this the first time around, you can also find Claptrap and do it in the following locations / side missions:
- Wildlife Exploitation Preserve
- Claptrap’s Birthday Party
Killed a flying enemy with a thrown Tediore weapon
All Tediore guns do something extra-special when you reload them – some turn into a boomerang, some turn into a grenade, I’m guessing there’s probably even one out there that turns into a screeching midget (maybe).
For this achievement, you need to be aiming at a flying enemy when you reload, so whatever the gun turns into hits and kills it. Rakk are your best targets for this, because they’re a one-shot kill. Tediore guns drop often, so you can knock this one out right near the beginning of the game already on the Southern Shelf.
What Does it Mean?
I can’t even capture it on my camera
This is basically an achievement for jumping off a cliff, but don’t just jump off any old cliff or it won’t work. Go over to the Highlands, where you’ll find a Hyperion base called Aggregate Acquisition. Make your way through the base, and right to the back of it where you’ll find a cliff. DON’T JUMP YET. Look to the left and down, and you’ll see a tent. Now jump off the cliff towards the tent, and this achievement will unlock when you reach it.
Why? Because the tent is just a decoy. This is the same place you’ll find a reference to the double rainbow (woooaaaah) internet meme, which is where the achievement gets its otherwise totally confusing name.
Definitely an Italian Plumber
Killed Donkey Mong
Donkey Mong is another ultra-rare monster variant, this time a Bullymong who spawns in the south-west of the Eridium Blight (off Three Horns) on the slopes leading up towards Hero’s Pass. If he’s not there, try again later. And try again later. And try again later.
Discovered all named locations
This achievement unlocks only when you’ve already unlocked the following achievements, for a total of 92 named locations:
- Arctic Explorer
- Urban Explorer
- Highlands Explorer
- Blight Explorer
The complete list of locations can be found over on the MyGaming Forum: Borderlands 2 World Traveller achievement complete location list
Defeated Terramorphous the Invincible
Ha, and you thought Crawmerax the Invincible was bad.
Just when you thought it was all over and you’d won the game and Pandora was saved until the next sequel, you’ll get a mission called “You. Will. Die. (Seriously)”. They’re not joking.
Terramorphous the Invincible is found in the Terramorphous Peak in the Thousand Cuts area, and it’ll cost you 4 eridium to get in – but don’t even think of visiting unless you’re level 50 and you’ve got some serious backup. The biggest problem here (besides Terramorphous) is that if everybody dies, Terramorphous regains all his health, so make survival a priority over attack.