Razer Hammerhead SA pricing, availability announced
South Africa will receive both the standard Hammerhead and the Hammerhead Pro
Razer has announced the launch dates and local availability of the new Hammerhead in-ear headphones. The Hammerhead will go on sale worldwide in August 2013 and the headphones are currently available for pre-order through the Razerzone.com store.
The Hammerhead comes in two versions: vanilla and Pro. The regular version will retail locally for R799 (RRP) and the Pro will be available for R999 (RRP). These are only currently estimated prices set by Razer and this may change if our exchange rate with the US Dollar fluctuates enough.
The Hammerhead features an in-ear design that removes noise and seals your ears in to deliver better quality sound. The Hammerhead has an outer shell made of aluminium and has a set of three ear tips to choose from to make your fit more comfortable.
The speakers have tiny 9mm drivers, but these should deliver a better listening experience if you’re used to the lower-range headsets normally bundled with phones and media players these days.
“With numerous mobile PC gaming systems emerging, peripherals that offer both great performance and portability on-the-go are what make the experience complete,” says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder, CEO and creative director. “The Razer Hammerhead and Hammerhead Pro’s unrivalled durability and deep bass tones are fantastic for any gamer or music listener with an active lifestyle.”
The Hammerhead Pro has had more tweaks done to it to maximise the capabilities of the 9mm drivers and provide better response and bass. It also has an in-line microphone and comes with an adapter for devices that can’t pick up the microphone from a single 3.5mm audio port.
Razer has designed the microphone for the Pro to work with multiple devices including mobile phones.
- Razerzone.com – available now
- Worldwide – August 2013
- Machined lightweight aluminum body
- Advanced passive noise isolation
- Interchangeable ear-tips with bi-flanges
- Powerful drivers for supreme audio fidelity with extreme bass
- Compatible with iPhone, Android and mobile devices
- Omnidirectional microphone
- Audio/Mic splitter adapter for PC connection
- Drivers : 9 mm Neodymium Magnets with CCAW
- Frequency Response : 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Impedance : 16 Ω
- Sensitivity @ 1 kHz : 106 dB
- Input Power : 1 mW @ 126 mV
- Cable Length : 1.3 m / 4.27 ft
- Approximate Weight : 12.5 g / 0.03 lbs
- Connector: Analog 3.5 mm Combined Jack (Headphone and Mic)
- Frequency response : 50 Hz – 10 kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio : 55 dB
- Sensitivity (@1kHz) : -42 dB +/-3 dB
- Pick Up pattern : Omni-Directional
More Gadget news:
Shutterstock is the image partner of MyGaming – technology images can be found here