Mweb announces free Battlefield 3 training program
Gamers-in-Beta to train players for competitive scene
Mweb has announced its Gamers-in-Beta (GiB) initiative. It’s a free online training program for anyone who wants to participate in online training designed to groom them to take part in the local online competitive gaming scene.
Nashief Hendriks (ltdabull) and Daniel Robb (LordRage) are taking the lead in managing and coordinating the GiB program on behalf of Mweb.
The program is kicking off with Battlefield 3 training for PC. Mweb hopes to broaden the selection of games and platforms going forward.
The training has been broken down into three training sessions:
Training session 1:
This is a basic training session covering movement, kits, weapons and initiation to gameplay. Players will have the opportunity to practice their newly learned skills in mock battles.
Training session 2:
Following from session 1, this training session is designed to give players more background and experience on the various match types and map variety.
Training session 3:
The last session focuses on advanced tips and tricks that are employed by experienced clan members. This session should be final preparation for taking part in your first online tournament, which we intend to host for all GiB players.
Players will have to complete training session 1 to take part in training session 2, and training sessions 2 must be completed before players take part in training session 3.
What you need
- An up-to-date copy of Battlefield 3.
- Access to the internet.
- Download a copy of Mumble Gaming Voice-over-IP software from here: (The trainers will be using Mumble to talk to you, but don’t panic, you will get instructions on how to connect to them). Here is a link to great guide to using Mumble: Get Going with Mumble.
- Sign-up at the GameZone forum.
- Before the training takes place, you will receive an e-mail with further instructions.
- Seats are limited so make sure you sign-up quickly.
The first training sessions will take place tomorrow night (15 December) at 8PM, and will cover the following:
- Using Voice(mumble)
- How to use the in-game map
- Starter weapons
- What are unlocks
- Basic movement
The training can take 20 players at a time, and there are 12 spots left. You can sign up here.