Diablo III patch 1.0.3 fixes and tweaks highlights
Diablo III fixed and tweaked across the board with latest patch – highlights inside
Improvements have been made to the general Battle.net integration; sorting friends should be easier and chat settings will be saved on logout. A few bugs related to party invites and party screen have also been squashed.
The User Interface has been tweaked, with improvements to tooltip information on damage, resist values, and comparisons. Further discussion of the most significant change below:
All five classes have been tweaked and fixed in one way or another, with some broken tooltips displaying correct information. A few notable changes are mentioned below.
- The Barbarian’s Skill Runes, “Contempt for Weakness” and “Crushing Advance”, have had the maximum damage reflection capped at the player’s max life. On the passive side, the “Relentless” skill now reduces Fury costs by 75%, instead of 100%.
- The Monk’s “Instant Karma” Skill Rune now has damage reflection capped at max player life. The “Mantra of Retribution” damage is capped at the max life of the target.
- The Wizard’s “Mirror Skin” Skill Rune damage reflection has been capped at the amount of damage absorbed by the “Diamond Skin” skill. The “Star Pact” Skill Rune for the “Meteor” skill now deals damage as Arcane instead of Fire.
Important general Items tweaks to note include:
- +Attack Speed bonuses on weapons and armour have been reduced by 50% (this does not apply to quivers).
- High-end items (items level 61-63) will now drop in all Acts of Inferno and Acts III and IV of Hell difficulty (full details on drop rates can be found in the patch notes).
- Repair costs have been increased for item levels between 53 and 63.
- Magic Find will no longer be considered when looting objects in the environment such as chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses.
- Unique monsters in Hell and Inferno difficulty are no longer guaranteed to drop two Magic items when slain.
- Crowd Control Reduction from items and skills will now reduce the percentage value of Slow, Chill, and Attack Speed debuffs rather than reducing how long the debuff lasts.
- For example: previously, if you were debuffed by a 60% slow that lasted for 2 seconds while wearing gear that provides 20% Crowd Control Reduction, your movement speed would be reduced by 60%, but only for 1.6 seconds. Now, the same amount of Crowd Control Reduction will reduce the Slow effect to 48%, but the effect will remain for the full 2 second duration.
Numerous changes have been made to the Blacksmith and Jeweler system. Full details can be found in the changelog. Notable changes listed below.
- The gold and material crafting costs for all items level 1-59 have been reduced by 50% to 75%.
- The gold cost to level the Blacksmith has been reduced by 50%.
- The number of Pages of Blacksmithing, Tomes of Blacksmithing, or Tomes of Secrets required to level the Blacksmith has been reduced.
- The gold and material cost to combine gems ranks 2-8 has been reduced.
Numerous tweaks to many of the Bosses have been made, such as refined abilities and minion summons. Various Boss and Boss Arena bug fixes have also been implemented.
In general, Bosses have had their pathing AI improved. The full list of changes can be found in the changelog. Notable tweaks are listed below.
- Skeleton King will now summon Skeletal Archers in Hell and Inferno difficulties.
- Butcher Bug Fixes: Fixed an issue where the corner panel fires in the Chamber of Suffering were doing twice as much damage as intended.
- Belial will now enrage in Inferno difficulty after 3 minutes in his final phase, increasing the number of green pools dropped across the entire encounter platform.
- Damage Over Time (DoT) effects will now be properly cancelled when Diablo becomes invisible and casts Shadow Clones in Phase Two.
- Diablo “Stomp” ability is now correctly classified as a debuff instead of a buff.
- Fixed a bug that was causing pets to not attack Shadow Clones.
Monsters have also seen a load of general improvements. Highlight below.
- Champions, Rares, and Uniques have had their pathing improved.
- Elite packs (Champion/Rare) now drop an additional item for players with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor, which is guaranteed to be of Rare quality.
- Damage from monsters in Acts II, III, and IV in Inferno difficulty has been reduced.
- Interrupting a monster attack before it lands will now properly trigger its cooldown.
- Treasure Goblins will now drop gold piles for all nearby players.
There are also a number of general bug fixes and improvements to the Auction House. The lengthy full list of changes can be found over on Battle.net: Patch 1.0.3 Now Available – Diablo III