SA-born Toxic Bunny gets an HD re-launch
Apex Interactive to distribute Toxic Bunny in SA
Apex Interactive has announced a forthcoming PC title from South African game developers, Celestial Games – Toxic Bunny HD. Apex Interactive has been appointed exclusive distributor of Toxic Bunny HD in South Africa.
Apex Interactive will be releasing Toxic Bunny HD at the rAge 2012 expo, which takes place from 5 – 7 October 2012. The game will have a stand at the expo and it will be available on Windows and Mac OS PC.
A console release is being considered for the future, and there no plans yet to bring the game to mobile devices.
About Toxic Bunny HD
Find out what happens when an almost normal rabbit gets into a really bad mood. Follow Toxic as he tries to find the person responsible for interrupting his coffee break, brainwashing all his friends and covering the planet with decaffeinated goo.
- Show general disregard for public safety by firing the NITRIC HAMSTER LAUNCHER (the only known weapon to guarantee a fatality);
- Giggle evilly as you squish aliens with rusty nautical equipment;
- Break expensive machinery, dismantle robots and play with industrial strength, radioactive adhesive in an attempt to solve increasingly complex puzzles;
- Shameless unauthorized movie parodies;
- Dodge jump fight and think your way through various decaffeinated CFC’s (cute fluffy critters) including one Semi-visible Predator Chicken in your quest to get someone to pay for your dry-cleaning;
- Must-have for fans of the classic platform game with a few twists;
- Massive hand-drawn levels to explore with rewarding humorous parodies of iconic media references.
Travis Bulford, supreme coffee drinker at Celestial Games, said: “We are looking to give local gaming developers a platform to launch into the gaming market and Celestial Games have teamed up with Apex Interactive with the local release of Toxic Bunny HD.”
Quinton Davie, marketing and procurement director at Apex Interactive said: “We are always looking to be more involved with the South African gaming community and to launch a proudly South African game at home is very exciting for us.”
About Celestial Games
Celestial is a South African game development studio, which formed in 1994. The studio published two PC titles and then took a break. Recently re-opened, Celestial is kicking off with the HD version of Toxic Bunny.
Toxic Bunny has been revamped, remastered (as much as anyone could be his master) and recaffeinated. Every line of code and every image has been rewritten and redrawn. The plot revamped, the delivery improved and generally a great deal of coffee consumed.