Borderlands 2 has a Minecraft easter egg
Ain’t no rest for the Creepers
Just in time for the Borderlands 2 SA retail delay, here’s more news to make the eternity between now and next Thursday that much harder to bear – there’s a whole Minecraft level hidden in the game. That’s right, it’s payback time for those Creepers who blew up my house that one time and that other time and the time before that.
WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!
The nice people over at GameFront have prepared a video guide to help you find the place and get your special Minecraft goodies. Did I mention you get special Minecraft goodies? Because you totally get special Minecraft goodies. Borderlands 2 is all about the goodies, you know.
For those of you who don’t have the attention span for a 2-minute video, there’s also a text guide which I’ve copied and pasted with just one eye half open so I don’t spoil the surprise for myself:
- Hidden later in Borderlands 2, you’ll reach an area called the Caustic Caverns.
- In the caverns, you’ll want to find train tracks in the northwest corner of the map; just keep checking your map and follow the tracks when you reach them.
- The tracks will lead to a massive door. You’ll need to get around it to access this easter egg.
- Turn right from the door, and jump over the Minecraft-esque cube blocks. Stick to the left wall and continue down the side path until you find actual Minecraft dirt blocks. Break through them with your melee attack to uncover the secret area.
- It’s a Creeper! Defeat it to unlock Minecraft-inspired custom head and skin options. You may need to leave and come back multiple times to find all the Creeper has to drop.
- Good luck, and happy mining!