Mass Effect 3 free multiplayer DLC incoming
New enemies, new classes, new maps, new stuff!
BioWare is prepping to launch the biggest Mass Effect 3 multiplayer DLC add-on yet, and the best thing about it? It’s totally free. Waging an intergalactic war is expensive, and you’ll need those credits for space-bullets and freeze-dried peanut butter.
The Retaliation DLC features:
- The Collectors. Oh yes, Harbinger is ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL OF YOUR MASS EFFECT 3 MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE.
- New Cerberus Dragoon and Geth Drone units.
- New character classes, including the Turian Havoc Soldier and Turian Ghost Infiltrator, with “many more” scheduled for future deployment.
- New “Hazard” versions of six existing maps add acid, lightning, meltdowns, sandstorms, swarms, and whiteouts to keep things interesting.
- New Collector gear, including Collector Assault Rifle, Sub-Machine Gun, and Sniper Rifle.
- New upgrades.
- New Challenge feature that tracks in-game stats – for example, weapon kills – and awards Challenge points that can be swapped for goodies like titles and banners.
The DLC is dropping on 9 October for Xbox, PS3, and PC, but in the meantime, watch this trailer and start planning. Preparation is half the battle won, people. Why do you think you spent so much time carrying random stuff around the Citadel for random people? It’s all part of it, even if it seems pointless at the time.