Heroes of Newerth 3.0 first look
S2 Games has released a video highlighting the lore behind the battles for Newerth
S2 Games is preparing a hefty update for its free-to-play MOBA game, Heroes of Newerth, version 3.0. The developer has released some screenshots highlighting the revamped buildings and textures, as well as a peek at a redesigned hero.
One of the key features of the 3.0 update is the inclusion of lore within the world of HoN. A new trailer sets the stage for the renewed focus on HoN lore.
Heroes of Newerth 3.0 will be launching in early 2013. A seven-figure budget went into developing the update. The promised improvements include:
- AI bots, and better training modes for new players through use of AI bots.
- 30 of the original character models are getting an overhaul.
- The map is getting an overhaul, including the buildings, towers, wells, and general textures.
- Improvements to user interface, in-game chat, buddy list, and notifications.
- Improvements to the “report a player” system.
More MOBA news
Shutterstock is the image partner of MyGaming – technology images can be found here