Ster Kinkeor Entertainment has confirmed that SA will be receiving special editions of PS3 exclusive, The Last of US, at retail, along with pricing for it’s world-wide release date of 7 May 2013.
- The Last of Us – Joel Edition: R799.00
- The Last of Us – Ellie Edition: R799.00
- The Last of Us (standard): R699.00
The special edition contents are packaged in a canvas wrap. The Ellie Edition showcases the character Ellie on the game pack artwork, while the Joel Edition will feature Joel’s face.
Each respective version will feature a Dualshock 3 controller skin of the character, and a DLC code for a LittleBigPlanet Sackboy skin.
Both editions feature the following contents:
- The Last of Us mini artbook: explore the world of The Last of Us through some of the remarkable artwork that gave shape to the game.
- The Last of Us: American Dreams Issue #1: the first in a series of comics created in partnership with Dark Horse to delve into the backstory of Ellie. The version included features a variant cover found only in these special editions.
- Exclusive game pack: The Ellie Edition showcases the character Ellie on the game pack artwork, while the Joel Edition will feature Joel’s face.
- Collectable poster: an exclusive screen print effect poster of each character can be found in their respective editions.
- Dualshock 3 skin: skin your PS3 controllers with Joel or Ellie, depending on which edition you decide to order.
- Survival DLC Pack
- Multiplayer Bonuses:
- Bonus XP
- Melee booster
- In-game currency
- Customizable character items
- Bonus Joel and Ellie skins available once the single player game is completed
- Multiplayer Bonuses:
- Sights & Sounds DLC Pack
- Official Game Soundtrack by Academy Award winning musician Gustavo Santaolalla
- PS3 Dynamic Theme
- PSN Avatars: Winter Joel & Ellie
- LittleBigPlanet Sackboy Skins: voucher codes for a downloadable Joel skin or a downloadable Ellie skin for your Sackboy character depending on which special edition you choose
The Last of Us – PS3 (7 May 2013)
The Last of Us takes place in a post-apocalyptic setting, following a viral outbreak which wiped out most of humanity.
The world is now an overgrown mess as nature reclaims the land. Players will take on the role of Joel, as he has to escort a young girl named Ellie to a particular quarantined zone.
Both characters will come into play, allowing Joel to command and assist Ellie in helping the two on their journey.
Developed by Naughty Dog (Uncharted series), The Last of Us also features gorgeous visuals – something that the studio is known for. Visceral and brutal combat is on offer to make the steel-stomached gamers cringe.
Check out more The Last of Us coverage.