Lara Croft has enhanced assets in Tomb Raider PC version
PC requirements revealed – what does Lara Croft’s new adventure demand of your PC?
The PC version of the upcoming Tomb Raider reboot will include high-resolution textures and take advantage of advanced rendering techniques, Crystal Dynamics has confirmed. The PC specs and requirements have also been announced.
The game is set to revitalise the story of Lara Croft, and given the recent gameplay videos, it looks pretty gorgeous.
“With over a decade of experience working alongside AMD and Nixxes at Crystal Dynamics alone, we had rock solid partners on board to create a superb Tomb Raider experience for PC gamers around the world,” said Darrell Gallagher, Studio Head of Crystal Dynamics.
“At Crystal we approach each of our projects with the sole intention of creating the best possible consumer experience for that format, and we are proud to have worked alongside two great partners who hold the very same values,” Gallagher added.
The game’s enhanced features on the PC version include:
- Full integration with Steamworks to offer cloud storage for saves, multiplayer matchmaking, achievements, as well as automatic updates and new content;
- Support for Steam Big Picture Mode;
- Configurable mouse and keyboard support; and
- Gamepad support.
- Very high resolution textures with up to 16x the amount of data;
- Detail Tessellation to enhance the detail on many surfaces in the game;
- Higher quality shadows;
- High quality bokeh depth of field with near-blur;
- Tessellation algorithms used to smooth out geometry;
- Improved cloth, SSAO, quality wetness effects, and post-filter effects; and
- LOD quality is adjustable for better quality on higher-end machines.
- Crystal care about TR fans being able to run on older systems, unlike many other games they still support Windows XP.
- A lot of scalability options to suit a range of machines.
The full list of PC minimum and recommended system requirements is listed below:
Tomb Raider Minimum system requirements for PC
- Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista,7,8 (32bit/64bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics card with 512Mb Video RAM: (AMD Radeon HD 2600 XT)
- nVidia 8600
- Dual core CPU: (AMD Athlon64 X2 2.1 Ghz (4050+))
- Intel Core2 Duo 1.86 Ghz (E6300)
- 1GB Memory (2GB on Vista)
Tomb Raider Recommended system requirements for PC
- Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
- DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM: (AMD Radeon HD 4870)
- nVidia GTX 480
- Quad core CPU: (AMD Phenom II X2 565)
- Intel Core i5-750
- 4GB Memory