Grid 2 releases on 31 May, and if you’re looking to shell out that little bit extra to get a special incentive, the Mono Edition should satisfy your spending itch.
While most special or collector’s editions come with a keyring, shirt, or maybe a steel case, the Mono Edition comes with a race car… yeah… a real race car.
The £125,000 (R1,805,000) exclusive offer features the game (I’d expect it to at that price), and the BAC Mono supercar, coated out in a Grid 2 livery.
On top of that, you’ll also get a full racing suit and a Playstation 3 with your ostentatious purchase.
“The BAC Mono is a British manufactured, road-legal, ultra-high performance supercar which stars in the game. Created from high-strength carbon fibre, the BAC Mono is an unrivalled example of light-weight performance engineering and its 2.3 litre, 280 bhp four cylinder power plant will propel its driver from 0-60 m.p.h. in just 2.8 seconds.”
The Mono Edition is now shortlisted to break the Guinness World Record for the most expensive video game ever.
So, just to clarify, the Mono Edition includes:
• A copy of GRID 2 for PlayStation 3 featuring bespoke packaging artwork
• BAC Mono supercar in exclusive GRID 2 livery
• A day at the BAC factory, which includes a factory tour and time spent with technicians, to customise the BAC Mono for size and specifications
• A GRID 2: Mono Edition branded Bell Racing helmet
• Race suit, boots & gloves all made to measure in BAC Mono and GRID 2 branding
• A PlayStation 3
There’s only one available, and I’m going to beat you all to it. On a completely unrelated note, you only need one kidney, right?