Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade MMO announced
Third-person persistent MMORPG coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One
Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim darkness of the far future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.
After the fall of THQ, the future of Warhammer games may have been up in the air, but a new orc-smashing endeavour has appeared – Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade.
Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade is an upcoming third-person persistent MMORPG that allows players to “ choose a Warhammer 40,000 race and fight directly as one of their warriors in massive conflicts for territory.”
The game is being developed by Behaviour Interactive, who handled WET, Naughty Bear: Panic in Paradise, and Voltron: Defender of the Universe.
“I am thrilled to announce what will finally be the first MMORPG based on the Warhammer 40,000 license,” said Miguel Caron, Head of Studio, Online at Behaviour Interactive. “Eternal Crusade’s team are all MMO development veterans and with the support of Behaviour’s 20+ years of experience this is going to be the online Warhammer 40,000 universe game that fans have been dreaming of for years.”
“Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade is the second milestone in Behaviours new online strategic positioning after last year’s Star Citizen Announcement,” said Rémi Racine, President and Executive Producer of Behaviour. “We are very happy with the progress of the online studio and you should expect more similar announcements to come.”
Main features of the game include:
- Experience the gameworld with 3rd-person, behind the shoulder action featuring precision gunplay and brutal melee combat with excruciating finishers;
- Participate in a persistent online war to conquer the planet, its fate completely in the hands of the players;
- Become a warrior from one of four initial factions, each unique and opposed to one another: Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, Orks and Eldar.
- Participate in truly massive conflicts that simultaneously bring thousands of players to bear over territories and other strategic resources.
- Get behind the controls of Space Marine Rhinos, Predators, Ork Battlewagons and other iconic vehicles of the 41st millennium;
- Hack through genuinely challenging procedural content alongside your battle-brothers and never have the same experience twice;
- Earn the right to customize your builds in a deep progression system drawing on the rich Warhammer 40,000 universe.
- Found a Battle Squad with friends and prepare for conflict from your customized shared space in orbit – then drop down to the planet together and seek out glory.
The game is set for PC, PS4 and Xbox One and is scheduled for a release in 2015.
Source: Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade
More gaming news:
Shutterstock is the image partner of MyGaming – technology images can be found here