Gran Turismo 6 on display at SA Top Gear Festival
This weekend, Gran Turismo 6 will be on display alongside the Top Gear Festival taking place in Durban
PlayStation and Gran Turismo 6 will be in action at the Top Gear Festival, which will take place at Moses Mabhida Stadium in Durban on June 15 and 16 2013.
The trio of Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond will be entertaining in the Top Gear Live Stadium Show, while the motoring expo in the People’s Park outdoor area will host Gran Turismo 5 alongside the recently announced Gran Turismo 6.
PlayStation driving simulators will be available on the Ster-Kinekor Entertainment and PlayStation stand.
GT6 will be released in “Holiday, 2013″ for PS3 – presumably this means just in time for Christmas. GT6 for PS3 will feature new tracks, new cars, a revised user interface, and new game engine. There will also be a focus on DLC expansions, connectivity with devices such as smart phones and tablets, and increased social and community functions.
All of the cars and tracks from Gran Turismo 5 will be retained in GT6. New additions to the line-up brings the total car list to 1,200 at launch, with new cars set to be continually added online. Several thousand aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars, and players can personalize their own custom cars in game to the “greatest ever level possible”, says Sony.
The Silverstone Circuit has been confirmed as one of seven new locations in GT6, taking the total to 33, with 71 different layouts available, 19 of them new. There will also be regular additions of new tracks set to be made available online. The improved course maker function will provide scenery spanning several tens of square kilometres including the backdrop of Andalucía.
Summary of new Gran Turismo 6 features announced by Kazunori Yamauchi:
New Game Engine
- Compact, nimble operation
- Flexible expandability
- A new rendering engine that pushes the limits of the PS3
New Physics Engine
- New suspension and kinematics model
- New tyre model
- New aerodynamics model Technical partnership with Yokohama Rubber and KW Automotive
1200 Cars, abundant custom parts, and on-going DLC
- From historic cars to the latest racing cars, the game contains a total of 1200 cars.
- Multiple aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars.
- Players can create their own personalised custom car in the game.
- Cars will be continually added online
33 locations, 71 layouts
- 33 Locations and 71 layouts will be provided from day1 (7 more locations and 19 more layouts than GT5)
- More new tracks will continue to be provided online
New Course Maker
- Massive scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers
- A new course generation algorithm
- Players can form their own communities
- Various community levels from local and domestic to global
- Players themselves can create and manage their own online events
New User Interface
- Balancing directional key operation and touch operation
- Quick response
- Shortening of loading times
Multi Device Compatibility
- Smart Phone
- At the same time as the PS3 version of GT6 the “Real Driving Simulator” launches, a mobile version and web application version of GT6, will be created to enjoy Gran Turismo’s massive community space.
More Sony news
Shutterstock is the image partner of MyGaming – technology images can be found here