RAGE PC gets huge patch, advanced graphics control options
I’m a real PC game now, momma
Following its somewhat controversial launch on PC, id Software has dropped a massive update for RAGE via Steam.
It adds the advanced graphics control options that probably should have been in the game in the first place.
“The original release of RAGE does not expose many video graphics options for people to tweak because some of these settings, although desirable from a quality perspective, simply will not work on specific configurations either due to hardware limitations and/or driver bugs,” reads the patch note.
“Due to popular demand for more video and graphics options, this patch updates the video settings menu and exposes several quality and performance settings. However, not everyone may be able to increase the settings due to hardware limitations and/or driver bugs.”
The notes also address a bunch of known issues with certain hardware/software configurations, so it’s worth a squizz if you’re having problems.
The actual list of stuff fixed and added in the update includes:
• Implemented workaround for AMD driver crash right after intro cinematic on Win 7 32-bit systems.
• Disabled UBOs because they are causing animation issues with AMD drivers.
• Don’t allow swap-tear to be enabled on AMD while the extension is not
• exposed because it may crash.
• Support for new video settings: “texture cache”, “vsync” and “anisotropic filter”
• Automatically adjust vt_maxPPF based on the number of available cores.
• Improved performance for SLI cards when GPU transcode is enabled.
• Fix for GPU Transcoding option being disabled after exiting gameplay.
• Added safe mode to restore video settings to default values.
• Allow g_fov to be changed from the RAGE launch options in Steam.
• Server now forwards text chat from clients to all other clients while in-game.
That should keep PC gamers happy for about five minutes, until everything else breaks.
RAGE PC gets huge patch, advanced graphics control options << Comments and views
Shutterstock is the image partner of MyGaming – technology images can be found here