The Witcher developers CD Projekt RED are constantly trying to improve the experience with their games, and the devs have released a new mod that reworks the combat in The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.
Using the Redkit beta, the studio has released the Full Combat Rebalance 2 mod, which was created by Andrzej Kwiatkowski, Gameplay Designer at CD Projekt RED (known among the modding community as Flash).
The modification brings heightened responsiveness and new animations to Geralt’s combat arsenal, as well as addressing some general bugs.
“The main goal was to increase Geralt’s responsiveness and mobility,” said Kwiatkowski.
The dev did post some conditions for the mod:
- I do not grant permission for this mod to be released from or hosted on any site other than redkit.cdprojektred.com, moddb.com and nexusmods.com.
- You can incorporate this mod with yours as long as you link to original files.
- Requires The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition patched to version 3.4.
- This is a private afterwork project. It is not a patch.
- Instructions how to localize the mod can be found in translation.txt file. You can easily translate it yourself.
- Parry animations for moving and walking were done by Tomek Zawada from CDPR.
Check out the Full Combat Rebalance 2 mod for The Witcher 2.
Thanks to Coheed for the heads-up on the MyGaming forums.