Conversation Between Graal and simon

10 Visitor Messages

1. Oh, I don't know if you're interested, but War in the North is going for $10 on Impulse. They give you a key to activate on Steam.
  2. Hehe, yeah. MyGaming has given me hardware, games and clothing by now. Now all they need is a comp for free food the I'm set.
  3. Big ups to you then, actually you have won quite a few things here from what I remember. Still envious over the 6870 you won here, I was so hoping I would win that one lol
  4. Oh, and I wasn't exactly that lucky in the competitions. My name came up in both draws, but it would be unfair if I won two, so I had to choose between the two prizes.

Still, that doesn't happen every day.
  5. I have been wanting to play it again as well but I know I won't be able to get far enough before Risen 2 comes. Too late for me.
    Enjoy
  6. Yeah, I saw your post yesterday. Thanks! It's the perfect excuse for me to replay the game again.
  7. dude don't know if you saw the reply but there is a recent patch to Risen,

http://www.worldofrisen.de/english/d...f7a40178123569
  8. Hmm, I haven't really tried co-op yet, but singleplayer is pretty good. The companion AI can be a bit frustrating at times, though. If I had to go back knowing what I know now, I would rather have waited for a special, or waited until some of my friends also bought it.
    It's an excellent game, but the SP isn't worth it at R400. Companions can be a bit stupid at times, and are as likely to get you killed as the enemies are. :P
  9. Hey man thanks for the info. The reason why I asked Lyca was because the two of us have similar tastes in games.
    I am a sucker for anything Tolkien and when I heard rpg and tolkien I was immediately interested.
    The online reviews of this game were a lil lower then I hoped so not sure if I am keen on spending R400 on it.
    Is the single player any good as that is all I will be able to play until I can con my gf into playing it on my brother's pc with me. That might take a year lol.
    For you, you reckon it is worth the price tag?
  10. Sorry, I read your post on Lycanthrope's wall about War in the North, and seeing as I have it, I thought I'd try to answer.

To me it feels like Gears of War in Middle-Earth, with a fair amount of roleplaying elements. I'd place it firmly in the Action-RPG category, because it's not entirely fleshed out like, say, Dragon Age. You can choose from one of three characters, and the other two join your party as AI teammates. Your character's looks can be changed slightly by using mirrors in-game, and then you can upgrade a few skills for your character, and manage your equipment. The story is also pretty rad and feels like a Tolkien story. You can also move freely between areas on the map to do side quests and the like.

All in all, I'm having a ton of fun with it, but you shouldn't go in expecting it to be a hardcore RPG. For an Action-RPG it's pretty decent, though.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10