You should join our great gaming community

Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyGaming newsletter

View RSS Feed

Xero

Xero’s Game of the Year (GOTY) 2011

Rate this Entry
Xero’s Game of the Year (GOTY) 2011
As many of you know I am an avid gamer, probably able to be classified as “Hardcore” in terms of hours spent on games / developing games / reviewing games and talking about games.

This year has been the year of the Trilogy, with 3rd installments for some of the larger gaming franchises being released, examples include
Uncharted 3
Battlefield 3
Modern Warfare 3
Gears of War 3
Resistance 3 etc

Although all of these titles will do well commercially, and some have been called the Game of the Year in various print and online articles, I am not entirely sure that title fits any of them.
Instead of bringing something new to gaming these titles are simply set in the same genre’s they were released in at the creation of their respective franchises, introducing nothing new aside from improved features, gameplay or graphics.

Therefore, I would like to name as my personal Game of the Year
Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure
http://www.skylanders.com/

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...-will-love.ars

This is the first game based on a technology that could revolutionize the way in which we play and interact with games
Called TransGaming, it allows players to unlock specific characters, areas and items by scanning an action figure into the game using the proprietary “Portal”
This feature is truly cross platform and is supported by all major operating systems and consoles.
Players use their “Skylander” ingame and once done playing can store all gained experience and items back to the figure for storage
Players can also use the figure on a friend’s console or system and have all of their unlocks automatically transferred over.

For the first time in AGES I’m pleasantly surprised by not only the implementation of the Technology behind the game, but also the potential it has, possibilities are literally endless

Updated 09-11-2011 at 05:47 PM by Xero

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments