You should join our great gaming community

Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyGaming newsletter

View RSS Feed

Ramblings of a Saint

An Artist's slumber comes to an end

Rate this Entry
From time to time, beings who happen to engage in the more creative pursuits in life, such as writing, sketching, and many others, often have to deal with the occasional slump or creative block.

This period is never fun, because art for many of us, tends to be an escape or coping mechanism for dealing with our lives. When you find yourself in such a slump, it may, as in my case, signal that things are getting too serious, whether it's how you manage your manage your time, or how your priorities are shifting.

My creative block was a procedural one- if such a thing is even possible. To elaborate, my creative pursuits include sketching, writing poetry or lyrics, and composing instrumental music. All these pursuits were constantly nourished until the "Great Block" began in 2010, that is roughly the period in which I last used a pencil to actually draw something. At the time it didn't seem like much of a big deal as I still indulged in writing and making music.

As 2011 came to a close though, I noted the frequency in my pieces- music or poetry- had dwindled by a fair amount. From the odd poem a month to maybe 3 or 4 per year, from one 6 or 7 songs a year to 3 or 4 a year. By the end of 2012, I had written a whopping 2 poems, and made a staggering total of 3 songs

All of this was followed by a 9 month complete creative drought, no poetry, no music, no art- bearing in mind that I hadn't sketched for close to 3 years now. All this because life got too serious.

Anyway, I'm glad to announce the end of my creative drought, 3 weeks back I actually drew something , and 2 days ago I wrote a poem (which can be found in the Artists Unite Thread).

All that's left is for the games reviews to get back on track (I have to finish Bioshock Infinite 1st =__=).

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments