Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyGaming newsletter

View RSS Feed

Tsar

Shadowrun returns.

Rate this Entry
Publisher: Hair brained schemes

Release date: 25/07/2013

Firstly I have never played the previous games or even the role playing version.

When you first start up the game you are greeted with a fantastic digital painting of a cyber punk elf,that got me excited to get right into it. You start your new game deciding what type of character you want and you get a nice selection. From the usual,spell casters,healers,strong armed guys/gals.

So the classes are as followed,mage,decker,shaman,rigger and physical adept.

I played as a physical adept shaman. Once you have decided on what you want to be the game begins and you notice the visual style,3d models mixed with digital painting which I really liked.

It has turned based gameplay during combat sometimes during none combat situations which was a bit annoying. Some segments allows you to hack computers where you go into the matrix with a decker. You need to be a decker in order to delve into the matrix. It consists of fighting security software and finding the right terminals,but you have to be fast before your threat level increases.

As for story you have to get to the bottom of your friends death by request of your fallen friend who offers you a nice reward upon completion. There is a lot of written dialogue and I found it to be well written.

So bottom line is if you enjoy the old school rpg games then I would recommend this nice piece of nostalgia.

Graphics 7/10
Sound 8/10
Gameplay 8/10
Replayability 5/10
Controls 8/10

Over all score 8.5/10

Updated 13-09-2013 at 07:29 AM by Tsar

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Tsars review of games

Comments