Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyGaming newsletter

View RSS Feed

The Joker

ROCCAT Kone XTD Review (My thoughts)

Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Hey guys.

So I recently got my hands on the Roccat Kone XTD and I wanted to share my thoughts about it.
1st let me share some of the specs and what this mouse is all about.

So after using this bad boy for roughly a month I can honestly say its the best mouse I have ever had the pleasure of owning. The mouse has insane customization options, starting with the DPI settings, Ranging from 200 to 8200 DPI with 41 steps from one end of the range to the other. The mouse also comes with 20G of weights that you can add to the already 90G mouse, although quite a few mice has the feature, the Roccat feels perfectly weighted, but then again that is personal preference.

I also noticed while working on my desktop and then switching to gaming it was a smooth transition as the performance is partially attributed to the superior self-calibrating tracking distance and control unit. Small things like being able to set the max and min lifting distance sets the mouse apart and makes it the perfect gaming and working mouse.
This also mean switching to and from different surfaces makes no difference to the mouse, you simply put it down and play.

I tested the mouse mainly playing Dota 2 and COD Blops II, I setup different profiles for each game and then discovered a really amazing feature. The mouse will auto select the profile for the game you are launching, meaning you don't have to go back into the software once its setup, making it fantastic for jumping from game to game and to different applications.

The software...lol It can be a little overwhelming at 1st and a little complex but after spending nearly a month with it, its now second nature to me and I have setup everything perfectly. The customizing and settings are endless with the mouse and I found myself spending 30min just setting it to the right led color I wanted

Build quality on the unit is exceptional, It feels well made and like a lot of thought was put into it, and I would hope so, as the mouse retails for roughly R1200. For that money you do get the best mouse on the market today, nothing comes close to this as a package and as a mouse. Its simply unbeatable.

Beautiful..Isn't it..

Over all I would score the mouse as a 9/10.
The only issue I see with it, is the price being a little on the steep side and the fact that its right hand only.

Thanx to Rune and the team from www.rebeltech.co.za for sponsoring the mouse.
http://www.rebeltech.co.za/index.php...oducts_id=8994

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That looks pretty damn bad-ass! But at R1.2k, it should.

Only problem...size and grip customisation?