You should join our great gaming community

Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyGaming newsletter

View RSS Feed

Glordit

My anime favourites Part 5 (Final Bonus Round)

Rate this Entry
Usagi Drop: Something magical, If you liked Wolf Children then this you will enjoy just as much.

Code Geass: Obey my commands or perish. One man's quest to gain revenge and obtain world domination in the process, but does he really have it in him to follow through?

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing and 00: Both very similar in their execution of story how ever, most would find 00 to be the better of the two simply because it's set in a AD timeline.

Jormungand: To create the perfect world, you will have to kill a few people in the process.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Many men doing manly things, Every season features a new descendant and new powers.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: Break the laws of alchemy and suffer the consequences, two boys journey to find the one 'truth' and correct their transgressions.

Steins;Gate: Bending time can have some adverse effects on everything around you. How far would you go to rectify those errors?

Cowboy Bebop: A all time classic. While it's story is initially all over the place you will enjoy the journey Spike and the Bebop Crew take you on.

Samurai Champloo: Hip-Hop culture and Edo era Japan.

Hyouka: Slice of life at it's best, while initially slow to start once the characters start to develop you won't stop watching.

Yu Yu Hakusho: Before Togashi created Hunter X Hunter there was Yu Yu Hakusho. This gem is from the 90's and many similarities can be seen between the two.

Hunter X Hunter (2012): Do I even need to give an opinion on this?

Wolf Children: Simply an amazing film. Somewhat of a tear jerker, it will tear your heart out and put it back together again before the end.

Detroit Metal City: Despite it's being about 12 minutes per an episode it's packed with humour, and the challenges of living a dual life.

Fate Zero and Unlimited Blade Works: Simply disregard the original Fate/Stay Night series and Start over with Zero then ease into UBW to get the full effect of Type Moon's fantasy.

Great Teacher Onizuka: A Yakuza gang leader seeks to become a teacher to make a change in his life. His unconventional methods do not seem to work at first.

Eyeshield 21: I don't normally promote sports themed anime but, when I do It's always Eyeshield.

Black Lagoon: Rock is betrayed and used as a bargaining chip with a group of pirates who seek to make a living in the east most dangerous waters.

Zankyou no Terror: Two boys seek to exact revenge on the world, and the people who used them carelessly. Very well thought out show with a very sombre ending.

Heat Guy-J: A special agent and his mechanical partner seek to uncover a dark conspiracy with in- yes it sounds like most Cop drama's but it's a little different and has a killer soundtrack.

Perfect Blue: If Stephen King directed an anime, it would be this.

Monster: Not to everyones taste, lengthy, slow and confusing at times, one mans journey to seek the truth uncovers a conspiracy that shakes his beliefs.

Nichijou: Everyday, there will be something a little different. many laughs to be had at this slice of life comedy.

Bakemonogatari Series: Broken into (at this point in time) 6 different OVA's and series with a host of various characters that all are connected. If you like mythical creatures, donuts and toothbrushes Bakemonogatari is worth it.

Alright then! My list could go on and on, but then I would simply be listing shows that I have an interest in or enjoyed more than others. So I will end it at here for now, I may just do a new list for shows that have come out in 2014/2015 at the end of the year since I have a backlog that has shows from about 3 years ago or perhaps even more. I can see xxxHolic, Azumanga Daioh and The Wings of Honneamise.

Also, Have a happy new year!

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Shitsurei shimasu, I'll just quickly go through this list and see if I can't find something I like. Good list :missing thumps up emoji that should really exist but doesn't:

I don't see Wolf's Rain anywhere here. I'll just assume you forgot to put it in or haven't seen it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Bane
    I don't see Wolf's Rain anywhere here. I'll just assume you forgot to put it in or haven't seen it?
    At the stage of writing, I had not seen Wolf's Rain. I have since watched it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glordit
    At the stage of writing, I had not seen Wolf's Rain. I have since watched it.
    I hadn't subscribed to the blog so I'm only seeing this now when I've come to get a few more to add to my downloads. So how did you find it?

I hadn't subscribed to the blog so I'm only seeing this now when I've come to get a few more to add to my downloads. So how did you find it?
    While it's premise was somewhat akin to Ergo Proxy (world at it's end), it was way less suspenseful and as charming. It was a bit slow for me at some points and, also found the characters predictable and to have a cookie cutter personality. The Shy-guy, Bad Boy and The loner etc, which then was used to create some form of bond between the characters. Which worked, later on in the show when my interest began to drop. The 4 episode OVA that concludes the series is slightly better than the series itself, how ever it was just as macabre as the series it's self.

I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. I would pull it apart and scrutinize it's literary devices to give a better opinion but, I would rather spend my time on something I really enjoyed or hold dear. Perhaps some other time.

Any thoughts on where one should start when it comes to Gundam?

Any thoughts on where one should start when it comes to Gundam?
    Ah that now is a tough one.

Quite a few people are put off starting from the beginning because of the older animation. Additionally watching newer shows tends to heighten your expectations of everything else. There other problem is that much of Gundam follows a specific timeline, the Universal Century in which most of the story takes place. There is also the fact that everything in the Universal Century timeline flows across to the next Gundam series. Watching Unicron for the first time without prior knowledge will leave you confused as to why factions are fighting each other.

You could start in the Universal Century time lime which spans from 1979 to 2016, or in Gundam's timeline UC 0068 to UC 0223 this encompasses a great many shows to watch.

You could delve into the other timelines such as; Anno Domini for Gundam 00, After Colony for Gundam WING or the most recent Post Disaster with Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans.

A good place to start would be the article ANN wrote about it: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feat...atching/.94461 I personally do not agree with some of the things stated in there since I have watched quite a few of them. They say 00 is not worth watching which I believe it is, since it's a stand alone series and also is just the essence of mecha; Gigantic robots duking it out.

*edit*

You could start with Build Fighters, SEED, 00 or Iron Blooded Orphans to get an idea of how every plays out. UC Gundam is basically the same, but with much more politics involved.

Thanks, I'll be having a lot of free time in about a weeks time so I'll need something to watch after I get done with Inuyasha and D.Gray-man.

Having taken a better look at this(Gundam), there's much more than I thought. Looks like I'll just have to watch as I download, I can't see myself scheduling all that.

Having taken a better look at this(Gundam), there's much more than I thought. Looks like I'll just have to watch as I download, I can't see myself scheduling all that.
    When you look at how much Gundam there actually is:

Personally I have still not watched everything there is with regards to Gundam, but I am getting there slowly but surely.

Still haven't watched everythin on this list so I'm back for some more