Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cell C's Speestick modems for gaming

Default Cell C's Speestick modems for gaming

I was wondering anyone else here using Cell C to play online with and what are your thoughts on this?

Also i thought it would be a good idea to post any problems you are having with it here as the Mybb sites threads mainly deal with using Cell C just for general internet and downloading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Hello WinzEveryDayz.

Benoni... Okay bordering Pomona. Oh yes!!!

If you have good signal, it works perfectly! But the problem is that you don't always get coverage!

It works fine as long as you've got decent coverage in your area. Plus you've got seven days to test it before you decide to return it if need be, so give it whirl.

Thats just it i have the modem and have been able to play Black Ops online quite well. Its after the 7 day return period that i have started having problems though. I get decent speeds for about 5-10 min and then the speed just drops.

i did a speedtest last night and i was at one stage able to get a speed of 563kbp.
    Hello WinzEveryDayz.

Yeah works well for me, play WoW and counter strike on pc. Been playing Dead Space 2, Battlefield BC2, Halo Reach online on xbox. No issues. 2 people playing battlefield while someone else plays WoW. But as the rest have said, its all depends an your connection.

Wenz, try moving around a bit to get better signal. I have my stick plugged into a 3G router which had useless signal until I moved it to a nearby window.

Check your signal under the network settings thing as you move around to find the sweet spot.

ok will move it around tonight and see what happens.

@rusty what kind of router do you have?
    Hello WinzEveryDayz.

Currently using this one. Works a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by RustPuppet View Post
    Currently using this one. Works a charm.
    ok cool. maybe i should consider using one of these...then i wouldnt have to move around with the speedstick...
    Last edited by Wenzdayz; 16-02-2011 at 11:13 AM.
    Hello WinzEveryDayz.

You can always check the MyBroadband Cell C forum to see if there are any issues: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/forumdis...A-3G-EDGE-GPRS

They also just launched a customer service monitoring tool which may or may not be of some use: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...-tool-launched

Finally, from personal experience (I have one of these sticks, but live in an area with no coverage) you can usually get some form of assistance via their Twitter account: http://twitter.com/cellc

I tried going the e-mail support route and from my experience, it's perfectly useless.

I must say, when it works, it works well. Good speeds and ping if you are in a coverage area.

Here is the link to Cell C's dedicated Speedtest server. http://41.157.65.50/

Good luck!