Thread: Dead Island

Default Dead Island

Check out this brilliant trailer for Techland's upcoming Zombie game:

Quote Originally Posted by Wlad View Post
    Check out this brilliant trailer for Techland's upcoming Zombie game:

Wow, that's really sad though dude

Yeah it's damn sad, but beautiful. What's good is that it looks like they are moving away from the (overused) Zombie killing spree game and trying to do something more emotional. Apparently the game will have RPG elements and a levelling system and will focus more on melee. Don't know if you're familiar with Techland, but they developed Chrome back in the day and they are also responsible for the Call of Juarez games, which if I remember correctly you are a fan of.

EDIT: Preview I found at IGN
    Last edited by Wlad; 17-02-2011 at 12:30 AM.

Awesome trailer. Honestly I didn't even know this project was still going. I remember reading about it after playing the last Call of Juarez, and checked back on the website a few months back and it still had the same old screenshots.
    I love the Chrome4 engine, while playing CoJ I spent a significant amount of time just admiring the scenery - an island setting would really make it shine.
    As far as the gameplay goes, I really hope they make it more interesting than recent RPG Zombie outings (looking at you Dead Rising 2)

The Legendary Troll Hunter OmegaFenix's Avatar

Surprised this is still in Dev, it looked pretty promising 2 or so years go thought it had gone the way of the dodo... glad to see it hadn't the premise intrigues me.

I especially like a less comedic approach, instead they are trying to bring some emotion into this, otherwise bland, genre.
    Last edited by OmegaFenix; 17-02-2011 at 08:16 AM.
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

‚Äč

Quote Originally Posted by Wlad View Post
    Yeah it's damn sad, but beautiful. What's good is that it looks like they are moving away from the (overused) Zombie killing spree game and trying to do something more emotional. Apparently the game will have RPG elements and a levelling system and will focus more on melee. Don't know if you're familiar with Techland, but they developed Chrome back in the day and they are also responsible for the Call of Juarez games, which if I remember correctly you are a fan of.

EDIT: Preview I found at IGN
    Yeah dude, Call of Juarez was very enjoyable.

I will definitely be keeping an eye on this, it looks very cool.

Wow that trailer is rather heavy. Looks great though. I loved the Call of Juarez games! Definitely looking forward to this!
    -

-