Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official HomeFront Discussion Thread

Default Official HomeFront Discussion Thread

Ok, so only two weeks before this game comes out. I must say, at first I was a bit skeptical, but after watching some hands-on videos and interviews with gameplay footage, this does look really fun and mostly original in terms of story-telling in the game.

As well all learned from Omega recently regarding a certain other game, we can't judge a book by its cover

So who's getting it and also, who will be playing this online? Does anyone know who will be hosting dedicated servers etc?

I really like this studio as well. A cool bunch of guys looking to create fun games. Although Frontlines wasn't the best game ever, I still used to enjoy it and it looks like they have come far since those days. I'm definitely keen now to give this game a shot.
    Last edited by to0kenZA; 28-02-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Day one buy for me Cannot wait! THQ are my 2nd favourite Developer Groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze786 View Post
    I agree with that. So see you on the battlefield, then?

Quote Originally Posted by to0kenZA View Post
    I agree with that. So see you on the battlefield, then?
    Yes indeed

I so want to buy this game but I just dunno if it will live up to expectations... I like Kaos' games so it should be good, but is the story gonna be good and emotionally engaging? A game like this relies on its story and not the MP, so if the story is as good and fleshed out as they have said then yes, definitely going to get it .
    Last edited by Duke Dude; 28-02-2011 at 03:10 PM.
    "All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."

- T.E. Lawrence

The Legendary Troll Hunter OmegaFenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze786 View Post
    THQ is a publisher, Kaos is the studio developing.
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

‚Äč

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaFenix View Post
    Thanks Wasnt quite sure what they are :P Well look I liked all the games they put their name on, save ofcourse frontlines.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaFenix View Post
    You knew what he meant, though (EDIT: After just reading his post- maybe not )

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Dude View Post
    I so want to buy this game but I just dunno if it will live up to expectations... I like Kaos' games so it should be good, but is the story gonna be good and emotionally engaging? A game like this relies on its story and not the MP, so if the story is as good and fleshed out as they have said then yes, definitely going to get it .
    Dude, I know how you feel. I was also a bit like, dodgy about this game. But the hands on stuff and MP I saw swung me, twisted my rubber arm. But on a serious note, I really think it would.

Quote Originally Posted by to0kenZA View Post
    Dude, I know how you feel. I was also a bit like, dodgy about this game. But the hands on stuff and MP I saw swung me, twisted my rubber arm. But on a serious note, I really think it would.
    Yeah the hands on vids and the especially the MP vids have been very convincing! Based on those alone I would've gone out and bought day one, but I've done that in the past and have wasted many a Rands. I just hope that Kaos aren't showing us the "juicy" bits, that makes us go out and buy it and then the whole game except for the pieces shown turns out to be crap!
    "All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."

- T.E. Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Dude View Post
    Yeah the hands on vids and the especially the MP vids have been very convincing! Based on those alone I would've gone out and bought day one, but I've done that in the past and have wasted many a Rands. I just hope that Kaos aren't showing us the "juicy" bits, that makes us go out and buy it and then the whole game except for the pieces shown turns out to be crap!
    No dude, that's Activision's style. (up yours, bastards, for making BLOPS)

Last year was also the turning point for me, where I said I'm not buying anything before I know it's going to be good. I took a skip on lots of games and I'm glad I did because they were shit! I took a bit of a gamble on BS, but deep inside I knew it was going to be friggin' awesome. This game on the other hand I rate is going to be something new, something compelling, for a change. I also usually trust THQ as a publisher because so far I have loved all their games (except DoW II) and therefore having quite a lot of trust in this one, especially now after having seen some more of it.

But do what your gut tells you to, if you don't feel like getting it day 1, then chill back for a while and wait to see what others say.