Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: PC hardware and Gaming specials

you can just always get 2 wirless 54mbs or 100mbs cards and do an adhoc network if its only 2 pcs ..... wires man thats really a pain in the but ...

The plan was to get two pci wifi cards and connect them using ad hoc. However there is a limit to using ad hoc and that is your speeds get limited to 11mbps, regardless if you buy a 54 or 100mbps card. Some cards do support higher ad hoc speeds, but only some. I think that suffering the cables is worth the speed benefit.

Wel that just sucks ... shows you never to old to learn new things .... well I Renewed my Iburst contract last Dec and got a Bilion WIFI router , I must say it's ok but 54mbps sometimes feels to slow ;-(

Isengard-san, don't you have a router with a few ethernet ports? Or would the cable be too long then?

Crossovers would work too. Or is this what you are actually asking - how much would it cost for the cable?
    What the mind can conceive, it can achieve.

Incredible Connection has that early bird specials on again. This Friday between 7:30am and 9:30am they have good specials on selected products. Get the ads in the paper or maybe on their website too, I haven't checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Incredible Connection has that early bird specials on again. This Friday between 7:30am and 9:30am they have good specials on selected products. Get the ads in the paper or maybe on their website too, I haven't checked.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Can you post them here?
    I checked their website and nothing there that I can see, unless it is the stuff on the frontpage = crap
    What the mind can conceive, it can achieve.

Lacie 500GB HDD + 8GB Flash - R999 http://www.shopandship.co.za/shop/fi...currenkey.html

ooooh! tell us more please!