Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Blizzard still "definitely looking into Diablo III for console"

It's not like WoW is a fast action game that you need to have a quick combination of buttons pushed ;-). Diablo II is the same thing 90% of the time you've got 5 seconds before you need to change to a certain spell, it's just PC gamers are spoiled by having a keyboard.
    Live Long and Prosper

Quote Originally Posted by Endev8003 View Post
    It's not the moving and attacking that's the problem. It's the shortcuts for your spells and abilities. In D2 you could assign shortcut keys to specific spells and then be able to switch quickly. I can't remember how much shortcuts you could put on, but I think it was 20 or more.

It's the same issue with WoW for consoles. Too many needed shortcuts and not enough buttons on a controller.

I've read that the console version for D1 used combinations to get around that problem, but I'm not sure how good it was.
    Pretty much what I was thinking, D2 was nice with all the shortcuts for spells / attacks, and then there's clicking on the screen to direct your casting, etc. I will say though that it's been many years since I played D2, so maybe it's just the way I'm remembering the gameplay.

And yes, there are a lot of RPG's done well on consoles, I was just trying to picture Diablo, and not quite seeing how it would work as well as having a keyboard and mouse.

Although, they might surprise me and make it fantastic.

Anyway, I still stand by the statement with regards RTS games

Quote Originally Posted by Lupus View Post
    It's not like WoW is a fast action game that you need to have a quick combination of buttons pushed ;-). Diablo II is the same thing 90% of the time you've got 5 seconds before you need to change to a certain spell, it's just PC gamers are spoiled by having a keyboard.
    It wasn't until I started playing WoW that I realised how long a 5 second cooldown is when you really need it.