Thread: Portal2 PC has splitscreen, but not officially supported.

Default Portal2 PC has splitscreen, but not officially supported.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1847904

Why is it that split-screen on PC is always hidden and flawed? These features would of been great:

*Split-screen GUI. Stop hiding it!
    *The ability to assign a controller to a specific player
    *The ability to assign a controllers layout to that of the Xbox360 controller (kinda like SFIV)
    *Dual monitor support.
    *Fixing the small issues.

The day split-screen actually becomes easily accessible on the PC, is the day it'll become a must feature for every future COOP game on the PC.

Awesome find man, bookmarked*

Did this with a mate of mine and Left for Dead 1 + 2. He has a PS3 so is used to FPS on controllers :P Seems Valve games always have it hidden away.

Perhaps because it is obsolete? Lan functionality ftw.

In all honesty, I would rather go through the effort of packing up my pc, attending a lan at a friends house etc before trying to play a game splitscreen. Especially not Portal 2.

Quote Originally Posted by MeisterLone View Post
    Perhaps because it is obsolete? Lan functionality ftw.

In all honesty, I would rather go through the effort of packing up my pc, attending a lan at a friends house etc before trying to play a game splitscreen. Especially not Portal 2.
    But then your friend needs a decent internet connection and another copy of Portal2, that rarely happens in my case. Everyone keeps buying a different game or they don't have a connection to be able to update their game.
    With splitscreen, you can play with anyone even people who never thought of trying that game before. Take Gears of War for example, how many people got introduced to that game via splitscreen?