Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flat screen TV prices coming down

Default Flat screen TV prices coming down

Local LED, LCD prices dropping

LED, LCD and plasma television prices continue to fall

Was actually looking at tellies yesterday, and really interested in the Samsung Series 6. Prices are not bad.

Looking at getting a 32" maybe 40" soon.

Are there any (good)articles out there that discuss what to look for? HD vs HD Ready for example?
    T A N S T A A F L

Quote Originally Posted by czc View Post
    Looking at getting a 32" maybe 40" soon.

Are there any (good)articles out there that discuss what to look for? HD vs HD Ready for example?
    Don't have articles, but I think it's definitely worth going for the full HD, it's not that much more cost wise, and the quality is much better, and you also tend to get more HDMI inputs on the full HD models.

I've got a Samsung, and it's fantastic. As far as I know the Samsungs, Sony's, and I've heard HiSense are the good brands.

I don't really know the numbers, but you should look at things like refresh rate and contrast ratio, refresh rate is especially important for gaming

Yay! I wanna get a 42" LED but gonna hold out, hopefully them 3D prices will be more keen by year end.

I'll put things in perspective for you guys. I bought a 63" Samsung Plasma (top of the line then) for nearly R70,000. 1 year later, it's replacement comes out - almost twice the specs for R43,000.

Moral of the story? When you buy these things it's like selling stock options. NEVER look back at what COULD have been. You'll commit suicide.

p.s I'm still enjoying the TV
    My ignore list: growing too fast to keep updating.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I'll put things in perspective for you guys. I bought a 63" Samsung Plasma (top of the line then) for nearly R70,000. 1 year later, it's replacement comes out - almost twice the specs for R43,000.

Moral of the story? When you buy these things it's like selling stock options. NEVER look back at what COULD have been. You'll commit suicide.

p.s I'm still enjoying the TV
    Ya, it's the same story with computers, or really any sort of tech nowadays

Hectic 63% drop on that LG LED.
    Bought a 46" FHD Sammy LCD end last year - R11 499. Game had a special, same size, LED R9999.

Samsung is replacing most of their range end April/beginning May - so I guess it's old stock that has to move. Well, in some cases anyway.

How does that work???

First they up the price of LCD/LED PC Monitors and now they dropping the price of TV's? WTF?

STUPID GOVERNMENT IS STUUUUUUUUUUUUPIDDDD

nobody can keep up with technology. also happened to me, once you buy something new, 2-3 months later you can get something better for cheaper. sad but true