Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Flat screen TV prices coming down

Quote Originally Posted by Kuga View Post
    How does that work???

First they up the price of LCD/LED PC Monitors and now they dropping the price of TV's? WTF?

STUPID GOVERNMENT IS STUUUUUUUUUUUUPIDDDD
    Not entirely...

They inflate the prices of monitors via tax for a silly reason, I agree. However, they receive more VAT revenue by doing so. Whereas the pricing of tv's etc isn't controlled by them, but they still get their money by forcing you to purchase a TV license with each tv set.

Silly? Very. Stupid? Not if you're in it for the money.

Ooh! I think it's time to get a Flat Screen TV

Oh wait, I don't have a job. Nevermind. Standard TV for now then..
    Please check out my site: http://www.itfgaming.com

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I'll put things in perspective for you guys. I bought a 63" Samsung Plasma (top of the line then) for nearly R70,000. 1 year later, it's replacement comes out - almost twice the specs for R43,000.

Moral of the story? When you buy these things it's like selling stock options. NEVER look back at what COULD have been. You'll commit suicide.

p.s I'm still enjoying the TV
    True. I bought a 15k Samsung Series 5 (or 4) 42" LCD about 2 years ago. The unit still rocks but hell if I look at prices now I wanna die...
    Last edited by symbolofmylife; 03-05-2011 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voicy View Post
    Not entirely...

They inflate the prices of monitors via tax for a silly reason, I agree. However, they receive more VAT revenue by doing so. Whereas the pricing of tv's etc isn't controlled by them, but they still get their money by forcing you to purchase a TV license with each tv set.

Silly? Very. Stupid? Not if you're in it for the money.
    And that's why we can't have nice things in SA.

First the government meddles, lines their pockets and then blames it on Apartheid.

nice prices I'd say, pity I just don't have that type of money :/
    XBOX 360: Great Solstice | PC/STEAM: souluser7 | PC/XFIRE: Great.Solstice

I'm thinking of buying a new TV. Just something small, a 32" HD would already do nicely. Mostly for XBOX purposes. Thanks for the article!

I remember when I got my first 32" LCD TV for the same price now you can get a 50" sigh, times have changed.
    Live Long and Prosper