Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Trophies Firestarter The finest threads Poll position

Default Prepare for a third wave of Sony hacking attacks this weekend

Prepare for a third wave of Sony hacking attacks this weekend

Hackers are apparently planning to hack Sony websites and reveal stolen information this weekend

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

If Sony leaves the front door wide open again they may as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I like how they say "representatives of the collective". Anonymous aren't exactly the Borg collective here.

Fair enough, they organise their ops via IRC, but Anonymous doesn't have leaders, and I find it difficult to understand how an amorphous blob of hackers with no lead or structures can have designated representatives. How does this representative know that another splinter group didn't perpetrate the CC thefts.

Well ... at least they have one aspect of Sun Tzu's Art of War down pat - you can't attack something without form or structure, and this is probably why Anonymous is so dangerous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Threadkiller - Got the last word in.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfox View Post
    I like how they say "representatives of the collective". Anonymous aren't exactly the Borg collective here.

Fair enough, they organise their ops via IRC, but Anonymous doesn't have leaders, and I find it difficult to understand how an amorphous blob of hackers with no lead or structures can have designated representatives. How does this representative know that another splinter group didn't perpetrate the CC thefts.

Well ... at least they have one aspect of Sun Tzu's Art of War down pat - you can't attack something without form or structure, and this is probably why Anonymous is so dangerous.
    That is true - but what about the millions of PS users that didn't ask for their 'help' or 'representation' ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Murph View Post
    That is true - but what about the millions of PS users that didn't ask for their 'help' or 'representation' ?
    Well ... there you just managed to nail down exactly one of my biggest gripes with groups like Anonymous. They claim to represent all gamers, but I'm fairly sure that 90% (if not more) of PS gamers don't give a flying *fweep* about GeoHotz and his courtcase, his making PS3 usable for homebrews, and whatever other excuse he can come up with.

I look at myself - I buy a PS3, I want to be able to play my games, access my services, etc etc etc - nice long list, but now, because of one so-called ethical hacker, everything's gone up in smoke. This whole thing isn't entirely Sony's fault - whether any blame actually goes to them on account of them wanting to protect what is intellectually theirs is debatable, and cause for a different debate - but, whether the group that stole the PSN CC's were sanctioned by Anon or not, they basically used Anon's whole operation as cover, and that puts a lot of the blame squarely at their feet.

And now they're setting up for another attack, once again threatening to knock services off-line in an effort to ... err .. protect the rights of users who probably don't give a shit, and just want their services back.

That's my point of view anyways. They're basically devolving into a group cyber-terrorists - sticking it to the man is always fun, but shrugging off collateral damage and spin-offs put them on the same level, if not lower.

MyGaming Comp Authoritah sycogrim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

This is just becoming an out of control problem now and ja it's like a bunch of parasites that you can't get rid of now... At first it was a lesson to be learnt now it's just chaos...
    All it takes is ONE BAD DAY tO ReDuCe the SaNesT Man Alive To LuNaCy. That's How Far The World Is From Where I am. JUST ONE BAD DAY

Blog Entries . YouTube Channel and Playlists

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFox
    I'm gonna tolerate and love...........THE SHIT OUTTA YOU
    Shadowfox's response to me in my failed attempts to annoy him

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Threadkiller - Got the last word in.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfox View Post
    Well ... there you just managed to nail down exactly one of my biggest gripes with groups like Anonymous. They claim to represent all gamers, but I'm fairly sure that 90% (if not more) of PS gamers don't give a flying *fweep* about GeoHotz and his courtcase, his making PS3 usable for homebrews, and whatever other excuse he can come up with.

I look at myself - I buy a PS3, I want to be able to play my games, access my services, etc etc etc - nice long list, but now, because of one so-called ethical hacker, everything's gone up in smoke. This whole thing isn't entirely Sony's fault - whether any blame actually goes to them on account of them wanting to protect what is intellectually theirs is debatable, and cause for a different debate - but, whether the group that stole the PSN CC's were sanctioned by Anon or not, they basically used Anon's whole operation as cover, and that puts a lot of the blame squarely at their feet.

And now they're setting up for another attack, once again threatening to knock services off-line in an effort to ... err .. protect the rights of users who probably don't give a shit, and just want their services back.

That's my point of view anyways. They're basically devolving into a group cyber-terrorists - sticking it to the man is always fun, but shrugging off collateral damage and spin-offs put them on the same level, if not lower.
    I fully agree. I don't even own a PS3, but I feel for the dudes who can't play simply because of some personal vandetta against Sony.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I would really like to try my luck against some of you online in Mortal Kombat, but without the PSN I can't... this is ridiculous!!! Also, I want to get my free downloadable content but there is no network.

@Anonymous, please back the hell up....