Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I need help guys!!

Thumbs down I need help guys!!

Have any of you guys had issues or dealings with this company
    http://www.miranetworks.net/index.php

I just found out that ive been subscribed to them for 2 months and they charge me like R35 a day according to vodacom.

This is what they say on their website:

"How did I get myself subscribed?

Content providers advertise ringtones, wallpapers, etc on television, radio, newspaper. You can not get subscribed to a service unless you order content via a shortcode. Consumers can also download content from WAP links and often don’t realize they subscribing to a service.

How do I unsubscribe?

Reply with the words STOP, or email your request to [email protected] or phone our call center on +29 (0)11 442-2735.

Who is taking my money?

Your service provider (MTN, Vodacom or Cell C) can provide you with all the necessary details, you can also look it up on www.smscode.co.za

How long does it take before the unsubscribe is in effect?

Up to 48 hours, from the time the customer first contacted Mira Networks.

What is Mira’s role in the industry?

"Mira Networks is an SMS aggregator, our role is to provide connectivity for content providers into all the networks in SA. We do not sell services and don’t get directly involved with the creation of services and we do not advertise any SMS services, which are the responsibility of our clients, the content provider.

All our content clients are WASPA register members and it is their responsibility to ensure that the services they offer is compliant and above board. When we receive unsubscribe requests or disputes we pass the info directly over to our clients to ensure that the customers are dealt with and a full explanation along with logs and contact details for the content provider are provided to the customers via our call centre and forwarded to the content provider’s call center"

Now tell me that's legal, how can they charge you for something if you didn't agree to it?????

Any advice will be appreciated.
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

Did you maybe download a ringtone or something from Vodacom? You automatically get bound to a subscription when you do, Mira is probably the content provider that Vodacom uses for the service.

Dude, they can't just subscribe you automatically..If didn't agree to anything they can't take my money..full stop!!
    Vodacom doesn't even inform me that these bastards are taking my money, as far as im concerned, vodacom is just as guilty!!

Yeah, I know it's bull, which is why I avoid these things like the plague. The fine print always gets you.

Well im going to kick their asses tomorrow, im taking the day off and going to their offices in Parkhurst..taking my friends along

LOL, violence only gets you in a jail cell with a bar of soap. But seriously, good luck mate, they get away with these kinds of shenanegans far too often.

Hmm this may be a story for the MyBroadband slags, will pass it on.

Good luck Joker

If you downloaded a ringtone or something that you saw advertised on TV, unfortunately you got yourself into it. Underneath the price on-screen it says "This is a subscription" service, so unfortunately you did agree to it.

If not, then vang hulle!
    PSN: LydonMcG

The Legendary Troll Hunter OmegaFenix's Avatar

Even if they caught you that way there should be a way to unsubscribe. Best thing would be to call service center and ask them how to stop the subscription. Like Lydon Said if u download a wallpaper/ringtone/video anything they nail u with this. Main reason i simply turn an mp3 into a ring tone and use pix as wallpapers.
    Good luck mate. Hope u get it sorted.
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Well I made some headway...Apparently these guys are just the "middle man"
    I emailed them and im now waiting for a response.
    I'll let you guys know what comes of this.