Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: World of Warcraft: Is the community really that bad?

  1. #1

    Default World of Warcraft: Is the community really that bad?

    The WoW community has been branded as childish and petulant by many

    World of Warcraft: Is the community really that bad?

  2. #2
    Resident Panty Kicker Voicy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,454

    Default

    Anonymity will do that to anyone ... anywhere... anytime.

    Being among strangers in an environment where you cannot be prosecuted for your actions, will cause you to develop and portray your own alter ego. Some say your alter ego is not the real person you are, since you show no signs of it when met in person, however your alter ego is the TRUE you that you would reflect if nobody watches over you.

    Your morals dictate your actions when nobody is around to find out. Character dictates your actions despite people being around.

  3. #3

    Default

    Learn to ignore them? It's really not that hard.
    Wait... what?

  4. #4
    Thread Killer MKII The Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Hardware Section
    Posts
    10,600

    Default

    It is true..even more so in wow..I recently started playing world of kung fu, i haven't had 1 issue, everyone is more than willing to help out where they can. Watching my cousin play wow is quite disturbing, as most of the players he plays with are all around 16 years old..the language, the way the treat each other ect.

    I agree with voicy, It happens on forums ect..people hide behind the internet cause they know there is little chance of tracking them down, they can do or say what they want because they can get away with it. Ive had this experience on MYBB, that's why I no longer visit the site.
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

  5. #5
    Resident Panty Kicker Voicy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    It is true..even more so in wow..I recently started playing world of kung fu, i haven't had 1 issue, everyone is more than willing to help out where they can. Watching my cousin play wow is quite disturbing, as most of the players he plays with are all around 16 years old..the language, the way the treat each other ect.

    I agree with voicy, It happens on forums ect..people hide behind the internet cause they know there is little chance of tracking them down, they can do or say what they want because they can get away with it. Ive had this experience on MYBB, that's why I no longer visit the site.
    Off Topic:

    Can I ask you to make a thread about World-of-Kung Fu re: client download/signup/costs/etc if there isn't one already?

  6. #6
    Isn't gonna give you up Oculate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Minmatar Space
    Posts
    6,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    The WoW community has been branded as childish and petulant by many

    World of Warcraft: Is the community really that bad?
    The forums are a nightmare... all the 12yr olds crying and whining over how X should be nerfed and Y (their class) should be made better. Thank <insert deity here> that the wow devs don't just read the wow forums for feedback.

    Ingame the starting areas are pretty bad... sure there are some helpful guys every now and then, but majority of the high levels in say Goldshire are there to stroke their epeens by dueling the level 1-10s. The problem is:

    Since WoW has been out for 3-4 years already people expect low level players to have played the game before, to know how to play, to know where everything is without the constant harassment of begging for gold, spamming for boosts etc.

    I personally like the heirloom items in that since, immediately you can identify someone has a level 80 who appears to have a brain to be able to acquire heirloom gear for their alts
    Last edited by Oculate; 01-06-2009 at 10:37 AM.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oculate View Post
    wow devs don't just read the wow forums for feedback.
    How do you explain the constant warrior nerfs then?

    Warriors finally got a good thing (read JGN), and people QQ'd and now it's worthless.

  8. #8
    Isn't gonna give you up Oculate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Minmatar Space
    Posts
    6,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuga View Post
    Warriors finally got a good thing (read JGN), and people QQ'd and now it's worthless.
    JGN = juggernaut?

    I agree that nerf was uncalled for

  9. #9

    Default

    Yeah Juggernaut.

    But it's ok, I have an epic 80 DK, and busy leveling a Druid, Paladin and Rogue. They are 60+ at the moment. Hopefully I have chosen the correct classes come change of FOTM. Heh.

  10. #10
    Isn't gonna give you up Oculate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Minmatar Space
    Posts
    6,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuga View Post
    Yeah Juggernaut.

    But it's ok, I have an epic 80 DK, and busy leveling a Druid, Paladin and Rogue. They are 60+ at the moment. Hopefully I have chosen the correct classes come change of FOTM. Heh.
    I see 3.1.3 doesn't like warriors either

    JGN talent now increases charge CD by 5sec... even I call BS on that

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •