Thread: Rugby Challenge first screenshots (not world cup)

Cool Rugby Challenge first screenshots (not world cup)

This is by Sidhe studios, based in New Zealand.
    http://rugbychallengegame.com/

More here
    -

-

Yoh... sal daardie Haka bliksems graag wil pak gee in die game....

Is it just me, or does this actually look quite decent? The screenshots of the World Cup version are horrible, but these look well done.

As long as it's fun

yeah compared to the official game, these look amazing. I see they have taken down the shit screenshot on their facebook...
    -

-

The "Official" game only has the licenses for the World Cup. Rugby Challange has the licenses for the Super Rugby Franchises. Seems like this one will be the better game.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDVR View Post
    The "Official" game only has the licenses for the World Cup. Rugby Challange has the licenses for the Super Rugby Franchises. Seems like this one will be the better game.
    Oh I did not know that. I will most definitely be buying this one then. More than likely I will buy both haha
    -

-

I don't know about Rugby games on console/PC. There are just too many dynamics in the actual game for it to be accurately represented. I might be wrong.

This does look to have pretty graphics at least. I'll give them that. Now that must include the various local competitions like the Currie Cup and Heineken Cup etc. That would be petty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Terak View Post
    Oh I did not know that. I will most definitely be buying this one then. More than likely I will buy both haha
    I'll get both as well

Another thing I read was that Rugby Challenge has the licenses for the Australian and New Zeeland rugby teams. I won't be surprised if the World Cup game only has those two teams licensed for World Cup mode. ie Playing friendlies with those teams will most likely result in generic names like Rich Mcgraw and Mart Gitty.

This has not been confirmed yet, but I won't be surprised...

Yeah at first I thought this was by the same guys who did the World Championship Rugby games, Swordfish studios. They also had a thing where all the non licensed teams had generic names. I think they also ran a comp to get your name in the game. For example, all guys who submitted their names from South Africa were put in the SA team. Was a cool idea
    -

-

I have to agree with some of the posts, this game has way better visuals that the Official World Cup version, i was almost horrified seeing those images. These ones for this game seem to be more on par for people expectations... Now we have to wait and see if the game is any good.

FX-8350 | 16GB DDR3-1866 RAM | Corsair H80i | 24TB