Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: To Pirate or not to Pirate

MyGaming Comp Authoritah sycogrim's Avatar

no not yet but apparently I read yesterday that the guy who cracked the PS2 might have hacked the PS3 but nothing has been confirmed yet... can you imagine what thats gonna do to the blue ray industry if it's true... in my own oppinion i think he did crack it because you already have your blue ray dvd writers etc...

Quote Originally Posted by AcidRaZor View Post
    Almost all the games I own I ripped and bought lateron because it was just that good. I have a very select taste in gaming so I don't spend 450 gigs worth of downloads each month to download any and all games....

If I see something interesting and I have some bandwidth to waste I'll download it and play it. If it's good enough I'll buy it.

Only pirated game I own at the moment is The Day of the Tentacle. Brilliant game, unfortunately can't find the original because it's as old as I am almost
    Funny you say that...

When I started gaming (i.e. Prince of Persia 1, Montizuma's revenge, Police Quest/Space Quest1) there were almost no titles available and copying games was as normal as sharing sarmies.

In recent years I have also played many pirated single player games, but with the birth of more popular multiplayer and/or online games I've enjoyed purchasing the real deal. As it provides me with far more game time and piece of mind.

It has gotten to such a point where I've started purchasing old titles that I used to play - just for the sake of ownership - even though I haven't bothered playing them again.

Now that I'm self sustainable I easily find myself buying a number of originals & although it costs a bit, I believe that the amount of pleasure I get from it more than makes up for the price.

It's exactly the same as listening to mp3s and then going out and buying the box set of the artist you enjoy. Heck - it even leads you to buying the live concert dvd's. Something we would otherwise never have done without pirated exposure.

The same principal applies to dvds. Between my brother and I we boast a sizable collection of dvds/xbox/xbox360/pc original titles. As soon as my favourite series become available in box sets I will buy them too!

I believe as we mature we find more respect for others' work instead of filling our pockets out of greed and indifference. I do not condone pirating and even though I've had my fair share of warez, I am starting to pride myself with my collection of original game boxes. I think it all started when I found an original unopened copy of Pacman for the Atari 5200. I wonder how much it'll fetch for on ebay :/

Quote Originally Posted by sycogrim View Post
    hahahaha... and i just got a PS3 so time to try crack it lol...
    How exactly does that work....Blu-Ray copies

Quote Originally Posted by Voicy View Post
    Funny you say that...

When I started gaming (i.e. Prince of Persia 1, Montizuma's revenge, Police Quest/Space Quest1) there were almost no titles available and copying games was as normal as sharing sarmies.

In recent years I have also played many pirated single player games, but with the birth of more popular multiplayer and/or online games I've enjoyed purchasing the real deal. As it provides me with far more game time and piece of mind.

It has gotten to such a point where I've started purchasing old titles that I used to play - just for the sake of ownership - even though I haven't bothered playing them again.

Now that I'm self sustainable I easily find myself buying a number of originals & although it costs a bit, I believe that the amount of pleasure I get from it more than makes up for the price.

It's exactly the same as listening to mp3s and then going out and buying the box set of the artist you enjoy. Heck - it even leads you to buying the live concert dvd's. Something we would otherwise never have done without pirated exposure.

The same principal applies to dvds. Between my brother and I we boast a sizable collection of dvds/xbox/xbox360/pc original titles. As soon as my favourite series become available in box sets I will buy them too!

I believe as we mature we find more respect for others' work instead of filling our pockets out of greed and indifference. I do not condone pirating and even though I've had my fair share of warez, I am starting to pride myself with my collection of original game boxes. I think it all started when I found an original unopened copy of Pacman for the Atari 5200. I wonder how much it'll fetch for on ebay :/
    This post just brought a tear to my eye

Now I'm going to pee on yuu

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWater View Post
    This post just brought a tear to my eye

Now I'm going to pee on yuu
    Do that and I'll kick you in the panty.

MyGaming Comp Authoritah sycogrim's Avatar

I'm not sure exactly how that works but it will cause alot of TIHS when you major companies find out that their blu-rays are being duplicated faster than dvd's lol...

Get something like daemon tools to run on the ps3's OS (or maybe do emulation through linux) then just mount the image or maybe a hacked install to the harddrive and play.

I used to pirate. Chucked away EVERY SINGLE PIRATED THING I OWN including software, games and music. Now I am 100% legit in that area. Even bought Photoshop CS3. NO pirated music, even on my ipod. I buy only original stuff on CD. Feels good. Pirating for me = bad karma. BAM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikdog View Post
    I used to pirate. Chucked away EVERY SINGLE PIRATED THING I OWN including software, games and music. Now I am 100% legit in that area. Even bought Photoshop CS3. NO pirated music, even on my ipod. I buy only original stuff on CD. Feels good. Pirating for me = bad karma. BAM.
    Thats great mate but there are some people that can't afford to buy original games. I buy copies but I almost always buy the originals of my copied games. Piracy will never die out..it'll keep growing cause of the demand for cheaper pricing on games.
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Thats great mate but there are some people that can't afford to buy original games. I buy copies but I almost always buy the originals of my copied games. Piracy will never die out..it'll keep growing cause of the demand for cheaper pricing on games.
    Buy secondhand??