Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Game I Ever Played

Default Best Game I Ever Played

So a thread the other day got me thinking about the best game I ever played.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quest_f...ws_of_Darkness

How many of you played this...It was years ago...a dos based game. Came of 5 stiffy disks (and at the time I was like HOLY SH1t)

Core2Duo E8400 3Ghz, ASUS P5Q/SE MOBO, 3Gigs or RAM (800Mhz), Asus ATI RADEON 4850 512MB, 2X 500GB HDDs, Windows 7 Ultimate

I played all of them. 1 through 4. I never played the 5th game in the series though.. Still need to get my hands on a copy. The old Sierra adventure games were the best. Hero's Quest was probably my favourite, followed closely by Space Quest, King's Quest and Police Quest.

I rememeber how my brother and I had trouble exporting our paladin character between the different games in order to get the flaming sword.. Lol. With memorable characters like Baba Yaga, Erasmus and Ad Avis to name a few. Truly amazing games. Good times.

Heard about it, but never played it. Is it really as good as they say?

Quote Originally Posted by Xethron View Post
    Heard about it, but never played it. Is it really as good as they say?
    Yes, but you must remember it's an old game. In many ways the experience won't be the same now as it was back in the day. Graphics, gameplay mechanics among many other things have improved a lot since its release. If you enjoy playing old games then give the series a go. Those were made in the golden era of Sierra

lol, i enjoyed Fire & Ice, its so old school now though

I played space quest it was brilliant in its time

Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiago on a dos system in 97/98. Spend hours trying to find him. LOL! was fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by lionsheart View Post
    Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiago on a dos system in 97/98. Spend hours trying to find her. LOL! was fun though.
    Fixed

Maybe that's why it took you so long. You were looking for a dude!

Have you tried replaying a game you first played when you were 6 or 7... and now you 20 or 30 or something. And discovered that in fact it's incredibly easy. A lot of the Quest games are like this. I remember Space Quest 1 taking about a week to complete. When I tried it again a few years ago, it took about 2 hours to figure it all out.

Makes you realise how illogical / dim you were back then (at the time when I was 6 I thought I was pretty clever).

The comment on Carmen San Diego got me thinkinking this, because when I was young, I never caught her. Played it again recently and boy is she easy to catch.

The same does not apply to games like UFO... my dudes walk/ed off the landing craft and bammo - they were/are dead.