Page 2 of 278 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Dota 2

Originally Posted by IceFrog View Post
    The current beta build that the tournament players are using has 46 heroes enabled for CM Mode. There is one less ban for each team. This change to CM is just temporary, until all of the heroes are ready and stable enough to be enabled in it.

Hero List:

1- Earthshaker
    2- Clockwerk
    3- Morphling
    4- Vengeful Spirit
    5- Crystal Maiden
    6- Lion
    7- Pugna
    8- Ancient Apparition
    9- Lich
    10- Weaver
    11- Windrunner
    12- Shadow Fiend
    13- Spectre
    14- Enigma
    15- Venomancer
    16- Doom
    17- Witch Doctor
    18- Tidehunter
    19- Enchantress
    20- Puck
    21- Chen
    22- Lina
    23- Storm Spirit
    24- Beastmaster
    25- Furion
    26- Razor
    27- Necrolyte
    28- Dazzle
    29- Nightstalker
    30- Sven
    31- Leshrac
    32- Sniper
    33- Tinker
    34- Sandking
    35- Rhasta
    36- Anti Mage
    37- Dark Seer
    38- Pudge
    39- Drow Ranger
    40- Slardar
    41- Mirana
    42- Zeus
    43- Tiny
    44- Faceless Void
    45- Axe
    46- Viper

Watched most of the live casted matches. Man is the game buggy atm (thou its early beta we have to rememberm, but still its bad for Valve).
    Players typing lag half the time, game getting paused by ref half the time. Very annoying.

Map & some of the effects looks pretty cool tbh, but I really do not like the look of the heroes. Just ugly and to cartoony. IE, Potm looks pretty well done in current dota right? Well in 2 she looks just weird and rides on some weird sort of donkey.

I also think camera is just to close to the action still and thus things are just to big on screen.

Gameplay, well looks allot the same, but time will tell I guess

Noooooo!!! where is Kunkka?!??!!? NOOOOO!!!!!!
    My ignore list: growing too fast to keep updating.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowWar View Post
    Watched most of the live casted matches. Man is the game buggy atm (thou its early beta we have to rememberm, but still its bad for Valve).
    Players typing lag half the time, game getting paused by ref half the time. Very annoying.
    That's not due the game being buggy, that's due to the tourney organizers underestimating how popular the streams were gonna be and failing to make the necessary preparations. They failed to split the English and Chinese stream for the first game for example and they overloaded the server when it reached 3.2 million. When they finally split the server and when the commentator was lost due to the split, the Chinese stream had 1.5 million users alone. 4 million on the other streams, and that's concurrent numbers.

Currently downloading the replays in full HD (most of them the rest are 720)

11 Downloading - Total = 13.84GB

12 Still to download

And thats just yesterdays games :/

Tourney over, so glad Chinese ricing strat did not prevail in the end. GG Na'Vi.

Great tournament, congratulations to Na'Vi. Bring on the Beta!

I am excited for it, but not 100% sure on the final product. Glad its going to be free though (at least i hope it stays that way). Should be fun as long as the server are stable. I will say that if its good, the players will be there.

Looks like Eul has also been working for Valve for quite some time. Eul is the one who brought AoS to war3 and responsible for the first DotA maps. They also recently hired both artists of the DotA loading screens (Yes there was two).
    http://www.1up.com/previews/dota-2-v...oys-developers

Pretty excited for the Beta. I've really been enjoying HoN tho so only keeping one eye on DOTA2 at the moment

Core2Duo E8400 3Ghz, ASUS P5Q/SE MOBO, 3Gigs or RAM (800Mhz), Asus ATI RADEON 4850 512MB, 2X 500GB HDDs, Windows 7 Ultimate