Page 3 of 278 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Dota 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    That also irritates me about HoN. The cheesy KILL SPREE sounds. Hope Valve has done the same too much.
    What's amazing to note is that recently I've discovered that the younger folk who play Dota believe that those announcer sounds originated in Dota, which I first laughed at and then sunk into a pit of depression upon realising just what kind of influence Dota has on the world's youth (who play it).

Melodrama aside, I do enjoy the announcer sounds and I'm glad they kept it as is, I really am.

Failure is never fatal, fate is never final...

6th circle of Hell (I think that's boredom)

Lol it is agonizing. I'm still pretty young myself (since 20 is pretty young) but even I'm amazed that people never realised that those sounds originated from the UT games .-. They probably discovered Dota before anything else but still >.>

But I can't wait to hear the announcer sounds once more (abandoned Dota a while ago), but I'll have to seriously brush up on my tactics before I'll be the one triggering those announcements again and again :-P

Quote Originally Posted by will1023631 View Post
    But I can't wait to hear the announcer sounds once more (abandoned Dota a while ago), but I'll have to seriously brush up on my tactics before I'll be the one triggering those announcements again and again :-P
    Unless you go on a feeding streak so someone else earns those announcements. xD

It was definitely one of the alluring traits that Dota had for me, the competitive rewarding style that it was implemented in. Every time I hear "Godlike!" I jizz a little.

Failure is never fatal, fate is never final...

6th circle of Hell (I think that's boredom)

Quote Originally Posted by CaViE View Post
    Unless you go on a feeding streak so someone else earns those announcements. xD

It was definitely one of the alluring traits that Dota had for me, the competitive rewarding style that it was implemented in. Every time I hear "Godlike!" I jizz a little.
    Lol will probs be the situation :-P I like being bait XD And that is what made Dota pretty epic Kinda like throwing a dog a bone after ravaging a couple of people ^_^

Valve redesigned/improved some heroes based on user feedback.

http://www.dota-two.com/

Here's a user created feedback site where people vote on what they like and don't like cosmetically in DOTA 2
    http://www.dota2feedback.com
    Last edited by hideinlight; 10-09-2011 at 05:29 PM.

Dota2 looks really great but I hope they include a few original heroes. Kinda what I like about HoN is that there are quite a few unique heroes (altho they are inspired by original Dota heroes). Just makes it a little more fresh.

Core2Duo E8400 3Ghz, ASUS P5Q/SE MOBO, 3Gigs or RAM (800Mhz), Asus ATI RADEON 4850 512MB, 2X 500GB HDDs, Windows 7 Ultimate

Benoni... Okay bordering Pomona. Oh yes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    Dota2 looks really great but I hope they include a few original heroes. Kinda what I like about HoN is that there are quite a few unique heroes (altho they are inspired by original Dota heroes). Just makes it a little more fresh.
    As far as I know all of them are original heroes.

All of the heroes used in the tournament are original heroes from DotA. The heroes will obviously look different and here and there a name will be changed because of copyright, due to the volatility of the DotA community they will probably stick to the original heroes for some time and then systematically release a few new heroes, if they add new heroes at all.

Here is a link with all the confirmed heroes.
    http://www.dota-two.com/dota2-heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Zomosa View Post
    All of the heroes used in the tournament are original heroes from DotA. The heroes will obviously look different and here and there a name will be changed because of copyright, due to the volatility of the DotA community they will probably stick to the original heroes for some time and then systematically release a few new heroes, if they add new heroes at all.

Here is a link with all the confirmed heroes.
    http://www.dota-two.com/dota2-heroes
    Thanks. Yah I saw that list. That's why I was a little disappointed. I think churning out a better visualised clone of the original is not really the way to go. Sure it's going to attract your die hard, hardcore dota players...but some new heroes might also attract the interest of those that have gotten over DOTA (like me). But obviously they will add new unique heroes later. That's probably when I will start getting into it. Until then...HoN for me

Core2Duo E8400 3Ghz, ASUS P5Q/SE MOBO, 3Gigs or RAM (800Mhz), Asus ATI RADEON 4850 512MB, 2X 500GB HDDs, Windows 7 Ultimate

The mechanics of the game have been improved as well, the Warcraft III engine limited the game in so many ways. We will see a few things added that could not be done in DotA.