Page 1 of 278 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Dota 2

Meh. Just meh. I don't know why I'm not more excited.

--
    "You think things have to be possible? They have to be true!" - Philip Pullman

How to sign up for the BETA and info about the tournament matches and times.
    http://www.playdota.com/forums/51310...-distribution/

Think it's 10am tomorrow.

DAMMIT, i can only catch the 17:15 one FML

one dota game per night fml saturday and sunday im vegetating

Update: haha it just broke when going to dota2.com

Good thing managed to sign up before it crashed

Page Not Found

Sorry!

An error was encountered while processing your request:

There was an error communicating with the network. Please try again later.

Here's a link to the main page home page.
    Last edited by _Caboose_; 16-08-2011 at 11:27 PM.

for those who want to get on the beta here is the link and it tells you how to get on the beta list

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/16/do...tion-now-open/

Quote Originally Posted by hideinlight View Post
    DOTA2 won't have LAN...
    Source on this please? This will be a major buzzkill.

Having a crappy internet connection I've struggled to action any live footage, but I did watch some 4 minutes of low quality footage on youtube which was pretty awesome. The game looks really well-polished. One thing that annoyed the living shit out of me was how cheesy the characters and dialogue sounded. Every single hero displayed in the game I watched (Lion, Tide, Tiny, Spectre, Sniper, etc). And the original sounds for the various killing sprees seems out of place in the newer environment.

--
    "You think things have to be possible? They have to be true!" - Philip Pullman

Quote Originally Posted by Staple2 View Post
    Source on this please? This will be a major buzzkill.

Having a crappy internet connection I've struggled to action any live footage, but I did watch some 4 minutes of low quality footage on youtube which was pretty awesome. The game looks really well-polished. One thing that annoyed the living shit out of me was how cheesy the characters and dialogue sounded. Every single hero displayed in the game I watched (Lion, Tide, Tiny, Spectre, Sniper, etc). And the original sounds for the various killing sprees seems out of place in the newer environment.
    That also irritates me about HoN. The cheesy KILL SPREE sounds. Hope Valve has done the same too much.

I haven't read anything about DOTA 2 LAN, but considering it's being developed for steam I very much doubt there will be LAN.

Core2Duo E8400 3Ghz, ASUS P5Q/SE MOBO, 3Gigs or RAM (800Mhz), Asus ATI RADEON 4850 512MB, 2X 500GB HDDs, Windows 7 Ultimate