Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Getting emotionally attached to your character(s) / party. II

Wink Getting emotionally attached to your character(s) / party. II

Getting emotionally attached to your character(s) / party. II

I'm almost at the end of dragon age 1, but I've developed this connection to my main character and some of the party members. Last time I've felt this connected was with my mass effect 1/2 main.

There's been other few like my mage in wow, cleric in rift, but strongest link by far was Jaheira and Viconia from baldurs gate.

However loosing Arebeth (NWN) and being not able to do anything about it really had me bit depro lol. O how have I worked out what could have been and how I might have saved her in my minds eye. Why she had fallen and justifying it.

The question again like in the original thread is do you get attached or emotionally involved with your characters? does it still happen and is this a part of immersion and escapism for you ?

( might be a tub of ice-cream for me tonight as I close the curtain on DA1 )
    Last edited by Necuno; 22-08-2011 at 01:51 PM.
    // Previously known as Blind Faith or Pr⊕phet
    // Sign up to Greenman Gaming and get $2 FREE in-store credit.

Don't usually get swept up in the emotions of a game, usually the game doesn't really capture it enough to get into it or think about it. I did feel a slight pang for Alistair in DA1 though. Got romantically involved with him, so it was a bit swak at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiruna View Post
    Don't usually get swept up in the emotions of a game, usually the game doesn't really capture it enough to get into it or think about it. I did feel a slight pang for Alistair in DA1 though. Got romantically involved with him, so it was a bit swak at the end.
    You make it sound that I'm going snot and tears here
    // Previously known as Blind Faith or Pr⊕phet
    // Sign up to Greenman Gaming and get $2 FREE in-store credit.

I felt that why about Altair and ezio playing Assassin creed. Look i know they stab, kick, punch and kill (BAD) people for a living but i get the feeling that there might be some righteously good about those deeds.

It gets to the point where i see myself scaling wails and running on roof tops as i sit in traffic, or what to buy a ticket to Italy just to experience the culture. I love the attachment i get from memorable characters and the trials and tribulations their face.

big ups to great games and the emotional

Quote Originally Posted by Pr⊕phet View Post
    You make it sound that I'm going snot and tears here
    ag, there there, it's going to be alright, there will be others *hands tissue*

Quote Originally Posted by Kiruna View Post
    Don't usually get swept up in the emotions of a game,
    Played Heavy Rain yet? The start of the game is quite a mindfsck. :/ Most morbid game I've ever played, but loving it!

Have you lot considered therapy?
    Or in Voicy's case, the rapy?

Quote Originally Posted by Pr⊕phet View Post
    Getting emotionally attached to your character(s) / party. II

I'm almost at the end of dragon age 1, but I've developed this connection to my main character and some of the party members. Last time I've felt this connected was with my mass effect 1/2 main.

There's been other few like my mage in wow, cleric in rift, but strongest link by far was Jaheira and Viconia from baldurs gate.

However loosing Arebeth (NWN) and being not able to do anything about it really had me bit depro lol. O how have I worked out what could have been and how I might have saved her in my minds eye. Why she had fallen and justifying it.

The question again like in the original thread is do you get attached or emotionally involved with your characters? does it still happen and is this a part of immersion and escapism for you ?

( might be a tub of ice-cream for me tonight as I close the curtain on DA1 )
    I get attached to my characters since I have put hard work and dedication into them and they are an extension of myself in the game.

If someone hacks my character I get angry and sad at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Voicy View Post
    Played Heavy Rain yet? The start of the game is quite a mindfsck. :/ Most morbid game I've ever played, but loving it!
    Oh ya, Heavy Rain was... heavy. But that was all about getting emotionally involved. I think that was the whole point of the game. The beginning was very slow, and then very morbid, but I think that was to set the scene and get you attached to the characters in the first place, and knowing that your decisions will affect the story and potentially get one of your characters killed just adds to the emotional involvement.

That was an awesome game. Well worth the play. btw, if you haven't finished it yet, I know who the killer is

I've never totally gotten emotionally attached to any char in game xD
    Must be said though Witcher 2 changed that...I got quite attached to Triss Merigold especially where she got taken away...Instantly made me wanna find her and ask if she was ok
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat