Thread: Resistance could go to another developer, says Insomniac

Default Resistance could go to another developer, says Insomniac

In a recent interview, Insomniac creative director Marcus Smith had some pretty interesting things to say about the future of the Resistance series.

“I think Insomniac has always branched out,” Smith told Gaming Union. “I was bummed when they didn’t work on the fourth [Spyro] game, but ultimately, I think it was healthy for them to move on. I think that’s what we’re seeing here. We’ve done Resistance 3 and we’re really into it and proud of it, but we’re not currently slated to do a Resistance 4.”

Smith continued;

“We’ve got a lot of different places for the universe to go, so I could certainly see the series going to another developer. I’m sure Sony would want to find a high caliber developer to do a good offering. I don’t think they’d hand the franchise over to somebody who is going to screw it up.”

How would you feel about the Resistance franchise moving to another developer? If the franchise does jump, who would you like to see pick the series up? Let us know below. Resistance 3 is set to launch on the PlayStation 3 on September 6th.

Source: GamingUnion

Interesting to say the least, i though they hang on to resistence cause its doig well, but then again Insomniac have the tendacy to do that, but everytime they hand over a game, the next developer doesnt do that well... So inho i think they should rather keep it, and if they really want some one i think EA are doing well with shooters at the moment.

FX-8350 | 16GB DDR3-1866 RAM | Corsair H80i | 24TB

This is not surprising to me considering that Insomniac have already gone multiplatform and partnering with EA as publisher on their new IP. Since Sony owns the Resistance franchise they will find another developer to continue the franchise in the event that Insomniac no longer want to continue. Sony purchased Sucker Punch in order to ensure that they can hold onto other key exclusives and retain the services of their top game development studios. I'd like to see sucker punch take on future Resistance instalments.

I just finished Resistance 2 yes took me awhile and honestly it wasn't great I was expecting more, some people were like it's better then 1.

Sent from my U20i using MyGaming Android App
    Live Long and Prosper