Thread: Online retailer ratings

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMol View Post
    Has anyone here used firstshop.co.za before? They've got a special on a i5 6600k I'm keen on but I'd like to get some feedback from anyone who has used them before.
    Hit and miss it seems if you search for mention of them on Mybroadband. http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/search.p...rchid=49219563

They sometimes don't honour pricing and you then wait a while for your refund. A few complaints about them pulling that stunt, the most recent debacle here: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...p#post16703635

Though some have had good service at a glance. Your choice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 3: Psychonauts - Completed their Basic Braining. (Achievement Unlocked: Did not let the Circus drive them insane.)

Quote Originally Posted by StrontiumDog View Post
    Hit and miss it seems if you search for mention of them on Mybroadband. http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/search.p...rchid=49219563

They sometimes don't honour pricing and you then wait a while for your refund. A few complaints about them pulling that stunt, the most recent debacle here: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...p#post16703635

Though some have had good service at a glance. Your choice.
    I decided to go with them and so far so good, my order is on it's way so no problem with pricing.

There was an Intel SSD they had listed for R1100 that would normally retail for about R5000-R6000. I figured it was too good to be true so I enquired about it just to be sure as it said limited/no stock - and was just told it was out of stock. But I would imagine if I had order the SSD at that price there would have been some issues and excuses etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Member of the Year - Voted by the community.

I think Takealot really need to rethink their courier company or change the way they send stuff.

I have one order number for two items. How can one item arrive but not the other?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Member of the Year - Voted by the community.

I would like to give a recommendation to @Raru for excellent service.

Despite my payment failing due to timeout (I think) during a Black Friday special and purchase, I was left without internet thereafter. Despite this I received a phone call late Friday afternoon to confirm if I wanted to purchase this item, I did but without internet I was at a loss. To my surprise I received an email from them this morning to confirm my order, and as such I made a payment, all the while the order retained the original "black friday" discounted price.

Thanks Raru.

This is why I will continue to support this online retailer over others, and continually give recommendations to others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Loot Minus 10

probably wont use them again numerous issues with them, earlier in the year bought a mobo they advertised as in stock then they cancelled my order only to have the item still listed on the site but at a higher price i called them and then they claimed the one supplier is out of stock and they cant honor the order because the exact board that is still being advertised at a higher price is from a different supplier. eventually sourced the exact same board from rebeltech for less than half the price loot was readvertising it.

Bought some memory as part of their black friday specials, they never advertised it as used or unboxed deals (which takealot normally do)

ram is clearly been opened and used as there are fine scratches on the contacts that will only occur once it has been fitted in a board already.

i am officially done with loot

Name:  IMG_3216.JPG
Views: 119
Size:  338.6 KB