Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RAGE PC gets huge patch and advanced graphics control options

Default RAGE PC gets huge patch and advanced graphics control options

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

I’m a real PC game now, momma
    Loooooooooooooooooooooooooool !

Great news, hopefully it turns the game playable! The lack of Vsync is killing me

SO we are trending on releasing a game that is made for consoles then fixing it for PC later?
    "multiplatform"... the word that ruins games for PC gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr⊕phet
    "How boss is this ?" what kinda slang is that

MyGaming keeps writing articles about HUGE patches yet they never mention their actual sizes and only quote like 10 changes.

Cool news love when they upgrade anything to do with the graphics and support

Ichigo Ftw

Well, the patch was neither huge, nor effective by any length.

My game is still completely borked. Best I've gotten so far is everything working, until you load into any new area. Graphics all turn to texture-less cartoony outlines, and saving (or even accessing the menu's or inventory) crashes the game 8 times out of 10.

And all of this, kids, is why I knock games off my wishlist fast as they manage to piss me off in the slightest. Too bad the press and reviewers were all bought out for this title, and nothing negative was ever said or found until after release.

On that note: F*** gaming journalists. Each and every one of ya.

6th circle of Hell (I think that's boredom)

Quote Originally Posted by wheunis View Post
    Well, the patch was neither huge, nor effective by any length.

My game is still completely borked. Best I've gotten so far is everything working, until you load into any new area. Graphics all turn to texture-less cartoony outlines, and saving (or even accessing the menu's or inventory) crashes the game 8 times out of 10.

And all of this, kids, is why I knock games off my wishlist fast as they manage to piss me off in the slightest. Too bad the press and reviewers were all bought out for this title, and nothing negative was ever said or found until after release.

Lol sounds like you've got a real ass gripe there mate. But still sucks that it didn't quite help, was hoping something would make it more worthwhile to get it on PC =/. Anyone else have improvements?

And maybe developers are doing this on purpose? It's a conspiracy I tell you!!!!

Too bad the press and reviewers were all bought out for this title, and nothing negative was ever said or found until after release.
    There was TONS of stuff about how broken the PC version of the game was especially since our release was a week later than in the US. Most reviews didn't mention it because 95% of the time they get the console version to review.

Quote Originally Posted by wheunis View Post
    Too bad the press and reviewers were all bought out for this title, and nothing negative was ever said or found until after release.

How would the gaming press be able to write negative comment about a game that hasn't been released yet?

When RAGE was released, it quickly became apparent that there were many problems with the PC version, and it was reported on extensively.

Rage review roundup

RAGE PC gets huge patch, advanced graphics control options

RAGE not broken, it's "driver issues" says Bethesda

id Software tells RAGE players to grab latest AMD drivers “immediately”

I don't think gaming journalists should be held accountable for a gamers inability to hold off on a day one purchase. The presumption is that gamers are rational and reasonable human beings capable of making their own informed decisions. Part of that decision making process should include the ability to weigh one's personal pros and cons for going with a pre-order: launch day access and exclusive DLC versus the possibility that the game is full of bugs at launch. Is it really a surprise that games are launched bugged, especially for PC?