Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gears of War 3 - Matchmaking waiting times. Is it just me?

Default Gears of War 3 - Matchmaking waiting times. Is it just me?

Ok so I've recently purchased Gears of War 3 and I'm loving it. Right up to the part where I want to do some TDM's.

Is it just me, or are the waiting times insane? Longest time I've waited so far is almost 2 hours. (yes, I sat with my controller staring at the screen waiting and waiting... )

On average though I wait about 10 - 15 minutes. My friend on the other hand is lucky to get even into one match.

Anybody have any idea how the Matchmaking works?

The BEST way is to add friends.......and join them or create your own lobbies

So far I've found that Matchmaking depends on your NAT Type, Quality of your connection, your Skills profile and how much friends you have playing at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Iam3G View Post
    So far I've found that Matchmaking depends on your NAT Type, Quality of your connection, your Skills profile and how much friends you have playing at the same time.
    The quickest way to get into matches is to jump in a friends game.

I was having trouble finding quick matches when my NAT type was set to moderate.
    I managed to open it and now I've noticed an improvement.

With Gears you MUST have open NAT

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    With Gears you MUST have open NAT
    Agreed, it's a must

2 Hours? at worse after 10 minutes it creates a game with bots, for me. And then after a few minutes others start joining and replacing the bots.

So lets all add each other it will help.......

CraigViking1977

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    2 Hours? at worse after 10 minutes it creates a game with bots, for me. And then after a few minutes others start joining and replacing the bots.
    Strangely enough, when I had my NAT set to moderate the game never created a match with bots.
    It would just keep on searching for suitable matches.

After setting the NAT to open though, it's like you said.

Quote Originally Posted by M0M086 View Post
    The quickest way to get into matches is to jump in a friends game.
    Did this last night. Works well

But my connection was crap so the matches were close to unplayable. Funny enough even with that extreme lag playing against other guys I got kills and didn't die o_O

Skills or luck? (I think somehow I adjusted to the delay in gameplay so I always shoot a 1 second before I normally would)